What Oring grease do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah 111 tightens up the loop real good, fixes positive negative test issues nice
but do not tell by the new book rebreather pilots they will call the bomb squad
but can tighten up some dsvs a bit much

"Inorganic thickeners are a type of thickener that does not contain any soap. Instead, they
use inorganic compounds, such as silica, clay, or calcium sulfonate, to thicken the base oil."

but don't concern yourself with that stuff

here is the important one, is halal is good

Ha ha ha and I even wiggled myself into the local Lebanese pizza shop to service their machines with the stuff

The wife, a terrific woman, looked like a brunette Shakira
Free pizzas for life, but that was a few half a lifetimes ago
Near the beach used to go lunch swimming with the staff

Triboloube (which is not flourosilicone but rather perfluoro-ether) is good for ALL types of o-rings. Most photographers have numerous o-rings (housing, strobe, focus light etc.) so having one for all uses is a plus.
Bill

Yeah 111 tightens up the loop real good, fixes positive negative test issues nice
but do not tell by the new book rebreather pilots they will call the bomb squad
but can tighten up some dsvs a bit much
Hmmm, I already did several times to students :wink: I really like Molykote for ccr's.

Triboloube (which is not flourosilicone but rather perfluoro-ether) is good for ALL types of o-rings. Most photographers have numerous o-rings (housing, strobe, focus light etc.) so having one for all uses is a plus.
Bill
Hi Bill just did a search in Australia and came up with Tribolube 71 but there were several other numbers. Which one do you use?

Just for information:
Krytox GPL 205 for regs and related.
Dow Corning high vacuum grease for water sealing.

For most seals I use the TL 71. TL66 is for static situations only. TL71 can be used in closed circuit rebreathers but the 66 is only for open circuit.
Bill

I've got a full fat syringe of BRAYCOTE 640AC what can I use, should I do with it?

TDS​

DescriptionCastrol Braycote™ 640 AC is a white, smooth, homogeneous NLGI Grade 2 grease based upon a blend of aperfluoroether base oil and a tetrafluoroethylene telomer. Castrol Brayco IC X-100 (previously named Fluoroclean™X100) can be used to remove this lubricant. Refer to the data sheets for information regarding these products.ApplicationBraycote 640A C is designed as an oxidizer and propellant compatible grease suitable for use in aerospace vehicles,spacecraft, rocket and aircraft engines and associated ground support equipment, oxygen equipment, and transportequipment. Braycote 640AC is typically used in the lubrication of threaded fasteners, connectors, valves, gaskets,elastomers and bearings. Perfluorinated greases, in general, exhibit excellent shelf lives due to their intrinsic inertness.

TDS​

Tribolube 66
more
Tribolube-66 is intended for use in mild to high pressure systems where nonreactive with LOX and
GOX is required, strong acids, oxidizers, fuels, and solvents is required. Is qualified to MIL-PRF-27617,
Type 1. Although this lubricant is very inert, newly exposed rubbing surfaces of aluminum and
magnesium may react with the greases under certain conditions.Tribolube-66

TDS​

Tribolube-71 primary characteristic is that it uses PTFE that has not beenirradiated. Non-irradiated PTFE over long term exposure has demonstrated itdoes not corrode aluminum or anodized aluminum. Tribolube-71 has a verywide temperature range, non-reactive with strong acids, oxygen, fuels, andsolvents. It is an excellent anti-wear, extreme pressure lubricant with long life.Tribolube-71 is qualified to MIL-PRF-27617 types 1, 2, & 3.

Here's the Piranha schpeel

CustomerCare@PiranhaDiveMFG.com

Tribolube 66​

• Tribolube 66 replaces the Christolube mcg 129 and 129N
  • A non-toxic, oxygen compatible lubricant
  • Designed specifically for open circuit scuba diving systems
  • Intended for use in mild to high pressure systems where nonreactive with LOX and GOX is required, strong acids, oxidizers, fuels, and solvents is required.
  • Qualified to MIL-PRF-27617, Type 1.
  • Although this lubricant is very inert, newly exposed rubbing surfaces of aluminum and magnesium may react with the greases under certain conditions.
  • TRIBOLUBE 66 is only for static applications. This grease is also a PFPE oil that is thickened with PFPE, but has a thicker viscosity. The grease will thicken and in cold conditions can cause a sluggish response, due to the fact that it's operating range is not as wide.
  • Made in the USA

Tribolube 71​

• Tribolube 71 lubricant is not water soluble and is inert
  • Excellent choice for rebreather divers
  • Use in your valves, manifolds and regulator parts
  • Use on your spg and/or your gauge connections!
  • Using Tribolube 71 you don't have to worry about did you use the proper lubricant or not
  • This is a 2 oz syringe
  • Great for either working at home or storing in a dive kit
  • Tribolube 71 is O2 safe and are compatible with all o-rings and materials used in the scuba industry
  • Tribolube 71 is specifically designed for Nitrox open and closed circuit diving systems and is LOX/GOX compatible.

Does this make sense as it applies to open and closed circuit, static and dynamic
or are they trying to get you got you by the short and curlies by feeding you hay

Do the thumb and forefinger test and if it feels the same as all the other greases you tested it passes

I'm sure Old Mother Hubbard still has something in her cupboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom