What brand watch do you wear on land?

What brand of watch do you wear on land?

• Bell & Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breitling

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Casio

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Citizen

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Rolex

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Omega

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Seiko

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Suunto

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Timex

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Tag Heuer

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • Luminox

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Fossil

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to think that having a Rolex would be wonderful. I was reading an article about Rolex SS diver and realized it was all about the name. "Rolex makes the finest $800 watch available. Too bad it costs $3200" I think this is one of the most telling statements about the fine manufacturer I've ever heard.

LUBOLD8431:
I love that thing. I originally got it with the metal band, but then I couldnt wear it under water unless i wasnt wearing a wetsuit or drysuit. So, i got the rubber band for it, and now i use it for all my diving, and on land. I think the guys that have the ROlexes are just showing off, and are not really using them for diving at all. Too expensive...

What kind of CRAP is that. I am allergic to the Liquid Crystal, so I have to wear a regular non digital watch. I was going thru about 2 every 3 months on the Job (US Navy, submarines) They would get beat up or break the crystal etc... My wife bought me a Rolex and it has been 8 years, never missed a beat and I dive with it regularly, what the hell else am I supposed to wear diving??. It is all stainless and unless you KNOW Rolex's, you would never be able to tell. Very non Bling-Bling.

Basic SwissArmy watch. It tells the current time, the time in 24h, the date, has a rotating bezel, and will tell you the time zone everywhere in the world at the same time! (if you know the GSM time offset of the other city, he he he.).

I'm convinced that you can't break my Swiss Army. It's only WR to 10ata, but it's been run over by a semi and (thankfully) wasn't even scratched.

Citizen HyperAqualand

I was looking at messages on scubadiving.com and ran across this message: Upon arriving in the Carribean I found that I left my expensive dive watch at home. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased an Aquatech watch for $10.00. It goes to 165ft and keeps perfect time. This is going to be my all around watch from now on.

I was in NC at the time and the band on my watch broke. Went to Wal-Mart and the cost of the new band was $5.00. Then I remembered the above story. I purchased the Aquatech watch for $6.47. Had it on numerous divers and it still is running.

So, they have my vote.

Just my $0.02.

On land, depending on what's going on I wear one of the following: Cartier Pasha Gold Chronograph, Omego Seamaster, Citizen Promaster Aqualand, or Nike Running.

When I dive I wear my Uwatec Smart Tec Wrist and none of my watches.

I have not worn a watch for more than 4 years - except when diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom