• Navy Seal

Votes: 9 1.1%
  • Blue Reef

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • other

Votes: 353 45.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an original citizen that's about 18 years old. It's really more about the sentiment with that one.

I find a good old fashion G-Shock (200m) works well, is fairly inexpensive and nearly indestructable. It survived military use and keeps on going.

Ok I have a Timex Helix dive watch I love! I bought 50 of them from Walmart sold most gave away several to resort dive masters ( Who couldn't believe I gave them such a watch, cost a lot there) And kept 3 for myself. None have failed at depths up to 140 feet. Only problem I ever had was button got pressed in dive bag for days and watch would not work, took back off pressed reset and back on, battery wasn't even drained some kind of protection feature. You cant beat a $20 watch that does temp, depth, time, auto start going down, logs multiple dives, stopwatch, and will get you out of bed in the mourning. And did I say I can see the display underwater?

Casio G-Shock MT-G. Rated to 200 M, solar power, atomic watch (updates itself nightly). Same watch I use daily. It is a little bigger than previous watches, but I've gotten used to it.

I have a Luminox Navy SEALS officers model in Stainless steel, A Cochran emc-16 computer and a Princeton tech bottom timer.

I have a few:

Rolex GMT master
Crhis Benz 200m Analogue
Seiko 300m Professional Dive watch
Suunto D9 computer/watch- Getting it in a few days (darn public holidays!!!) ... So excited I can "wet" myself....lol

reidman:
Ok I have a Timex Helix dive watch I love! I bought 50 of them from Walmart sold most gave away several to resort dive masters ( Who couldn't believe I gave them such a watch, cost a lot there) And kept 3 for myself. None have failed at depths up to 140 feet. Only problem I ever had was button got pressed in dive bag for days and watch would not work, took back off pressed reset and back on, battery wasn't even drained some kind of protection feature. You cant beat a $20 watch that does temp, depth, time, auto start going down, logs multiple dives, stopwatch, and will get you out of bed in the mourning. And did I say I can see the display underwater?

Hearing this type of review just blows me away. I bought three of the dang things and my daughters and I used them and everyone of them went bad within a few dives. One got water in it, one wouldn't respond to any button pushing, and one just seemed to have a mind of it's own. Three different users and three different problems. But, I have seen a few posts like yours where they do fine. I agree that they have some great features and are an incredible back up at that price point. Drat my luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom