• Navy Seal

Votes: 9 1.1%
  • Blue Reef

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • other

Votes: 353 45.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverColt

Reaction score
I was just curious:D

there is a dive watch, which might be a watch with a bezel that moves, etc., that you wear all of the time...

Then there is the timepiece you carry at depth.

My first category watch is a Swiss Military watch good to 100M.

My second (the one I wear to dive with) is a Suunto Vyper computer.

Sector SGE650, good until 300 meters :wacko:

A Seiko chronograph, branded as a Beuchat Genesis. $40 off ebay brand new.

I also made a few bucks selling operating on ebay as well.

Marc

Citizen Hyper Aqualand for diving and occasional everyday wear, since the wife took over my Aeris 750GT.

After ripping a Timex Ironman 200meter watch off my wrist while windsurfing at Wailea, Maui 3 years ago, I paid $23 at Long's Drugstore for a 100meter rated Casio, with both analog hands and small digital display/alarms.

It died a week ago after many dives, swims, and lots of saltwater exposure while sailing a small boat. Original battery. I think what finally did it in was 2 weeks of close to 100% humidity on Mass. southcoast. Ugggg.

My replacement Casio was much more expensive... $30 :) .

Yes, I know that Casio says 100m rating means that it is good for swimming/snorkeling only, not diving; but the 200m watches are big ugly things and this one is my everyday watch.

Only if the gods are really out to get me will both my computer and my watch and my buddy all fail on the same dive :wink: .

Now that I have a new watch, I have to go get it wet ----- so I'm off the Boynton Beach and the Keys for 9 days of diving starting next week. :bounce:

St Moritz Chronograph Ti

Digital and analog face, titanium body and bracelet (I can barely tell it's there) and rated to 100 meters. I've had it for about 5 years and it's held up to every little bit of abuse I have thrown at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom