What are your other high-dollar hobbies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downhill skiing. Honestly, as much as I love SCUBA, skiing gives it a real run for its money for me, and the cost is almost the same when you include gear, travel, lift tickets, etc (probably a little cheaper, thankfully, for the gear).

That sounds extreme...is there something about your lifestyle that would result in a large raid by the ATF or the FBI????:shocked2:

:no: :angel: :sadangel: :D

Things are CHANG-ing! Under all these new Czars, in this "Age of Obama", you never know :shakehead:

Skiing and Sailing......... oh yeah, after diving and skiing I can't afford sailing so I crew OPB (other peoples boats).

But, if I could only do 1 of these it's definitely diving. You might as well put me out of my misery if I couldn't dive anymore :shakehead:

Nice, good to see I'm not the only one spending money...:)

Sports:

KiteBoarding - Snow and Water
WakeBoarding
SnowBoarding
Skiing
Mountain Biking
Scuba Diving
Roller Blading

Hobbies:

Flying - PPL C172
RC Heli's

PS. Flying to Big Bear this weekend to go MNT Biking :)

Motorbikes and the gear plus the maintenance costs that come with it!

Ahh well they say it's all about the journey and not the destination so may as well have fun along the way :)

Cheers
Starlet

Birdwatching. A good pair of binoculars and a spotting scope can set you back a few big ones. Once you have that the running costs aren't too high except when a mega rarity shows up on the other side of the country and you have to drop everything, take a day's leave and buy short notice flight tickets. I'm getting to do less and less of that these days as I just can't take a day or weekend off or justify the expenses anymore.

The Harley Davidson...... I can't stop at the shop without dropping some cash!
You do know that HD is short for Hundered Dollars :D

The Harley Davidson...... I can't stop at the shop without dropping some cash!
You do know that HD is short for Hundered , and Hundreds, and Hundreds of Dollars :D

I corrected you oversight!

Beer mugs
Piggy banks
Sun glasses
Riding gear
Clothing
Lamps and other furnishings
And on and on and on...
The list of High Dollar toys they temp us with is endless, isn't it? :shakehead::D

Last edited:
Flying is expensive. The kids friends used to tell them, "You guys are rich, you have an airplane." My kids response? "No, we are broke, we have an airplane."

Still have the airplane. Kids are grown and on their own, but still expensive, somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom