What are your buddy "requirements"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwesler once bubbled...
... They had never dived that deep, or in the ocean. ....

...Also, everyone was on air but me-I was on 32%.....

...During one of the times that we were waiting for them, CKDG quietly scolded me for going after mom, telling me I risked myself and she was not worth it. While I did not feel I was at risk, I was VERY aware of my MOD-I would not take so rich a mix to 125'-but what was I supposed to do?!....

OMG

First I'd like to know what dive operation you were all with. I dove the Spiegel Grove just a month ago, with 2 different outfits, and both were scrupulous in checking that we were all AOW.

Second, I'm with the CKDG. Remember, you can't help anyone if you too are in need of rescuing. I may have descended that far off of plan to help someone, but not on 32%. O2 toxicity - instant blackout, drowning, etc. Not for me.

I'd dive with Uncle Pug (again!) :)

Knowledgeable, experienced, all-around nice person in good physical condition with decent equipment - is that too much to ask?

If you're paying a lot of money on a boat dive, you sure don't want to get stuck with someone who is huffing and puffing out of breath just getting their gear on! They can be out of air in 10 minutes. Nor would I be able to help a diver having a heart attack - that's a little beyond sharing your octopus. :eek:

I've logged over 30 dives since Edmonds last May. Gettin' better, slowly but surely. :)

I'm amazed how many people say they will dive with anyone. Maybe it's because I'm not that experienced, but I'm very picky about who I would dive with. I wouldn't hop in a car with just anyone, either. I don't even dance with strangers, let alone trust my life to one!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

32% MOD ~130fsw at ~1.6 PO2 with a 45 minute single exposure

of course UP you indicated ~ (approximately) so this is splitting camel hairs ... MOD is 132 ft

MOD:
To convert atmospheres to absolute feet of pressure seawater - multiply the final O2 partial pressure of 1.6 ata times 33 fsw = 52.8 ftp

Then divide that by the oxygen in the gas (.32) and subtract 1 ata (33 fsw) = MOD 132 fsw

I knew I was within the safety range of MOD-I jut PREFER not to dive that deep with 32%. BTW-it was multiple exposures over the weekend, but I was still ok.

I do not want to single out the dive op-they are good people who were appalled at the other divers behavior. Red lights do not stop people who are determined to drive through them, and right on subject ofr this thread, an AOW card don't mean nuthin!

AquaTec once bubbled...
I think thats the point, we can't choose our dive buddies by where they were trained.

I am sure you are dumping your 2 GUE divers more because of their ability and not where they were trained

I'm just pissed at them for not fetching my fin. I'm sure we'll talk it out and all will be well.

You're right, the agency has nothing to do with it, if I had to pick one that has the highest level of training it would certainly be GUE.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom