we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick connect with shut off on suit side. Open flow on cath side. Don't see how that would prevent you from taking a pee without being connected.

Or are you putting the quick connect on the cath and the insert on the suit side?

I put the connector on the suit side, extra inserts with the caths and cleaning syringe. Inserts are cheap and if I lost one, would not feel bad about it.

And that can leak back into your suit when you disconnect or if you have valve leak when not connected.
Get over the fear of a drop of pee! If you are standing up when you disconnect anything in the hose will just run out so long as you keep the open end higher than the valve.

Well, with shutoff it works in the exactly same way as without one, except for the price difference which isn't much, so I'm going with shutoff.
Just ensure it clicks when you connect it!

How do I know that…. A 2h40 dive with 2 hours of decompression obligation and the inability to pee no matter how hard I tried to get the catheter to unstick!

Back
Top Bottom