we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the SiTech Trigon pee valve for my Seaskin that is coming next month. I want to get the other parts that I need to make this work. My understanding from reading this thread is I need a squeeze bottle, steramine, white vinegar, some smith&new skin-prep protective wipes, wideband sized properly, and then I need some kind of quick connect pieces: Male side and Female side -- It seems that I need the 5/16" male side.

Then when I get all of this, I attach the female side to the suit, then when I'm ready to go in the morning, I should cut the tip of the catheter, insert the male side, use the wipes on my "member", attach the catheter to my body.... then when I don the suit, I connect the male and female sides and I'm good to dive and pee. Or do I need to push some water or something through before I attach to eliminate back pressure?

When I'm done, I leave the catheter on until I get home, because oils make it easier to remove, remove and use the wipes on my body, and clean things with white vineger, water and then steramine.

Did I get that right?

I found that 3/8" was just a little too large to fit into the black Trigon tube that came with my Seaskin suit, so I got a 5/16" and it fit perfectly.

Others have said that they heated the black tube up and were able to get the 3/8" to fit.

Do I need the 5/16" on both, or just the male side?

You need 5/16 on the female dry break side (suit side) and 3/8 on the male side (goes to the cath)

Ok, now I'm really confused.. I ordered this:

screenshot-2024-05-25-152224.png

did I get those backwards?

I'm guessing the first item is the female side, and the second is the male, is that right?

If that is right, then I should be getting these instead:

Female: McMaster-Carr
Male: McMaster-Carr

:confused:

Ok, now I'm really confused.. I ordered this:

View attachment 842781

did I get those backwards?

I'm guessing the first item is the female side, and the second is the male, is that right?

If that is right, then I should be getting these instead:

Female: McMaster-Carr
Male: McMaster-Carr

:confused:
You did get them mixed up. You want the dry break to be on the suit and male side on your cath so you can pee without being hooked up. I'll put everything on at home or work most of the and will need to pee before I'm ready to put the suit on.

I got the SiTech Trigon pee valve for my Seaskin that is coming next month. I want to get the other parts that I need to make this work. My understanding from reading this thread is I need a squeeze bottle, steramine, white vinegar, some smith&new skin-prep protective wipes, wideband sized properly, and then I need some kind of quick connect pieces: Male side and Female side -- It seems that I need the 5/16" male side.

Then when I get all of this, I attach the female side to the suit, then when I'm ready to go in the morning, I should cut the tip of the catheter, insert the male side, use the wipes on my "member", attach the catheter to my body.... then when I don the suit, I connect the male and female sides and I'm good to dive and pee. Or do I need to push some water or something through before I attach to eliminate back pressure?

When I'm done, I leave the catheter on until I get home, because oils make it easier to remove, remove and use the wipes on my body, and clean things with white vineger, water and then steramine.

Did I get that right?
Technically all you need is a condom cath and you are good to go. All of the things you listed make it nicer to use but none are necessary.
You don't need to prime the hose with a balanced valve. I have no experience with the Trigon, but it is most likely a balanced valve.

Did I get that right?
Not in my experience.

I shower every morning. No other todger cleaning required.

Every few months I’ll trim the forest of hair just using a normal electric shaver’s long hair clipper.

Prior to diving I’ll push the quick disconnect into the catheter/condom (I use both Rochester/Bard and Conveen catheters) and bunch it up so the surplus “teat” is pushed on to the QD — no trimming required (I used to cut off 8mm (1/4”) but it’s really not necessary as you can easily bunch up the surplus).

Catheter pictures…

I roll the catheter on, ensuring that my todger is in the catheter before rolling on. This is critical to avoid a sloppy fit. The first roll is the most important. Once it grips after the first couple of rolls then the catheter can be pulled a little which mallets rolling on more simple. It is critical that there’s no kinks or rucks on one’s shaft; the catheter needs to fit, too large or small will cause the catheter to not properly adhere and could leak. Similarly is hair is trapped (which is also painful or uncomfortable).

When donning the drysuit, I route the hose through the BZ400 and over my leggings+underpants waistband and on to the quick disconnect with my todger pointing upwards (other blokes may use hose extensions as a U-bend). Make absolutely sure that the quick disconnect ’clicks’.

Drink water before the dive. Pee as much as you want. Enjoy the dive.

Getting out of the suit…. Grab a bottle of water. Unzip the drysuit, head out, arms out. Stand on the dive lift or cock your leg over the side of the boat or in a car park/woods….

Pull your todger and pipe out. Pull the catheter off the quick disconnect, dripping the few drops of urine away from yourself. Shake and leave the catheter on, put it away in your underpants.

Pull the hose up, take a mouthful of water from the bottle of water. Lips around the quick disconnect and blow the water through the pipe and keep blowing the air through to flush out the pipe and pee valve. Repeat half a dozen times.

When hanging the drysuit up to dry, blow fresh (breath) air through the pee valve a couple of times.

Removing the catheter…. Take the pain and pull the catheter off. Or use Appeel medical adhesive remover which magically loosens the glue, especially with a foreskin. Conveen catheters are easier to remove than Rochester/Bard which needs Appeel (IMHO).

That is all that’s needed.

Huh, so you and Boarderguy seem to disagree!

No wonder this is confusing.
It will work that way but you won't be able to pee without being connected. The dry break needs to be on the suit side. I managed to get the 3/8 dry break to fit my trigon tube. It took some swearing and is now 100% never going anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom