Well I think that I am Finally getting a clue but I need a little bit of Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

INTRUDERDIVER:
Well I think that you should figure out what Intruder stands for before you start calling people pukes. The Intruder stands for a motorcycle that I ride. It is a 1998 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC.

I think he was asking you if you used to fly an A6 Intruder in the military or something...

So maybe YOU should figure out what an Intruder is before getting so testy.

http://flyingleatherneck.netfirms.com/Aircraft/intruder.htm

INTRUDERDIVER:
Well I think that you should figure out what Intruder stands for before you start calling people pukes. The Intruder stands for a motorcycle that I ride. It is a 1998 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC.
My dear sir,
Mine was a question, not an "accusation." For your information, an A6 puke is the endearing term naval aviators share for those who flew the Intruder Attack airplane, and is no insult. Were you one you would understand that. As you are not, you haven't been "called" one.
Rick (Attack puke)

JPBECK:
Now look I do lots of stuff below 200fsw (trimix rebreather stuff) where I always use tables... But for crusing around in depths above 130fsw I use computers---

When I do my dives involving deep wrecks up here, I use tables. Keep in mind, that basically is the square profile as there is very little to see between 100 ft and the surface on most deep wrecks in the Great Lakes (unless you are fond of looking at the ascent line).

But, I use my VyTec and/or Cobra for about everything else. My limitation is always splitting the gas between two dives, but that is another thread.

Enjoy your purchase, whatever you choose.

Rick Murchison:
My dear sir,
Mine was a question, not an "accusation." For your information, an A6 puke is the endearing term naval aviators share for those who flew the Intruder Attack airplane, and is no insult. Were you one you would understand that. As you are not, you haven't been "called" one.
Rick (Attack puke)

As a former submariner, I understand about these types of "terms of endearment" (Do the words "target" for surface ships and "bubblehead" for the other ring a bell here? I could mention terms that sound less endearing, but this is a family board.). It sounds like a simple misunderstanding. My first assumption looking at that handle would have involved the A-6 Intruder myself.

But, we can't expect a civilian to understand all of the Naval traditions. Let's both sides cut each other a break.

Brian C. Palmer
former bubblehead "nuc"

Ya those are nice computers---I likem, I use em-- I bought my wife a Corba as well---She is the most important person in my life- I wanted her to have the best I could find---

I dont know if he is budgeting for those types of computers though... If so they are nice-- I dont have the intergraded Vytec because I have seen them not recognise the transever on other peoples so I opted not to get the transever unit... Always an option though...

I have to live with people asking me if I have all five fingers all the time from my job in the Navy... EOD--- Or people coming up to me saying CHEW,CHEW, SPIT!

I sometimes cry but only when I feel emotional---- LOL

diverbrian:
But, we can't expect a civilian to understand all of the Naval traditions. Let's both sides cut each other a break.
Did I sound "huffy?" Didn't mean to. My apologies to all.
But Brian, you must never, ever tell anyone that I've taken advice from a Bubblehead... and a Nuc too!
HHHhhaarrrrr!
Think I'll go feed me seabat.
Rick

MikeFerrara:
Did they say why? Does a computer somehow make you more immune to DCS?

What do they do with people who prefer to plan and conduct their own dives?

Mike,
The reason that they say that the seperate everyone that is using tables compared to computers is that the tables are so much more converstivitive then the computer. With the computer it will adjust accoridng to the depth that you are actually diving at, as for the PADI dive table you need to figure your depth at setting and you have no flexibility on the table.

Back
Top Bottom