Welcome Home to The Greater Tampa Bay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE:
Sorry Miss... but not every request will be granted. Regardless of who asks.

ScubaBoard has a staff of advisors who discuss board policies and such. No 1 advisor makes decisions on board policy. Suggestions will be listened to, and reviewed by advisors.

We are open to suggestions, but that doesn't mean automatic approval because a concensus has been reached by members.

Again - I am merely posting this as 1 of many.

Of course not. As for the reference, "no matter who asks" :confused:

And really Howard there is no need to post here all that stuff. We have been through it numerous times. Just leave it. It truly is nothing new. Furthermore, it wasn't just agreed upon by us, come on already. Really Howard, every other week we have someone new come here and say this is how it is going to be, then someone else comes along and changes it, same routine, same run-around, a different mod sent in. It was good for a bit when the Kraken put things in motion then... who knows. As I said same BS. It is being reviewed, it is fine, it is not, etc. Please allow us to just carry on. No need to start another argument on the issue it just runs people off.

Missdirected:
Of course not. As for the reference, "no matter who asks" :confused:

And really Howard there is no need to post here all that stuff. We have been through it numerous times. Just leave it. It truly is nothing new. Furthermore, it wasn't just agreed upon by us, come on already. Really Howard, every other week we have someone new come here and say this is how it is going to be, then someone else comes along and changes it, same routine, same run-around, different mod. Please allow us to just carry on. No need to start another argument on the issue.

So this matter is resolved?

If there are other suggestions for this area, feel free to PM me, and I can bring it to the other advisors.

HowardE:
So this matter is resolved?

If there are other suggestions for this area, feel free to PM me, and I can bring it to the other advisors.

There was no problem when you jumped in. I was just telling the others not to bother going through it again. That was all.

Please remember we have worked well and grown greatly because we aren't Joe Bloe's Drinkin' club. We have kept our "Club Name" more of an open one to cause others to feel more obliged in joining us. We simply wanted the description to fall in line with that, since the crash it has been said we can longer do that now. So, there we are. Nothing we can do about it or can be bothered to do anymore.

To the members; I did ask NetDoc if we could have one mod assigned to us so someone can keep track of the going's on here instead of changing them as the weather blows. He is checking with those people now. :D

eandiver:
of course.....in another "back room" meeting. Why not. Why change.
What are you talking about?

We changed the forum description. It was agreed upon by Tampa people and the advisors. There is no ongoing discussion about Tampa in the "back room".

Missdirected:
There was no problem when you jumped in. I was just telling the others not to bother going through it again. That was all.

Please remember we have worked well and grown greatly because we aren't Joe Bloe's Drinkin' club. We have kept our "Club Name" more of an open one to cause others to feel more obliged in joining us. We simply wanted the description to fall in line with that, since the crash it has been said we can longer do that now. So, there we are. Nothing we can do about it or can be bothered to do anymore.

To the members; I did ask NetDoc if we could have one mod assigned to us so someone can keep track of the going's on here instead of changing them as the weather blows. He is checking with those people now. :D

I am not a MOD. Mods - moderate threads.

Also - NetDoc does not make decisions on his own either - there is a staff of advisors, and things are done deomcratically.

Mods do not have "zones" that they moderate... they moderate the whole board.

The description was agreed upon... now it's not good? :confused:

HowardE:
What are you talking about?

We changed the forum description. It was agreed upon by Tampa people and the advisors. There is no ongoing discussion about Tampa in the "back room".

Ask NetDoc.....up until that point I will refrain from more posts. Not to please the mods or admin but to allow the others here who feel they can add something constructive to jump in.

I have lost a lot of faith and respect for ScubaBoard over the last few months due to the way the "administration" for lack of a better word, has acted.

Oh, and BTW it has nothing to do with the site going down. In the internet word it is to be expected. Thanks to those who brought it back up so quick and gave a backup site in the interm.

eandiver:
Ask NetDoc.....up until that point I will refrain from more posts. Not to please the mods or admin but to allow the others here who feel they can add something constructive to jump in.

I have lost a lot of faith and respect for ScubaBoard over the last few months due to the way the "administration" for lack of a better word, has acted.

Oh, and BTW it has nothing to do with the site going down. In the internet word it is to be expected. Thanks to those who brought it back up so quick and gave a backup site in the interm.
Ask netdoc what?

Where is the problem with this?
We do some of the most diverse diving around here. Somedays it is spring diving, other times saltwater wrecks/reefs, or maybe a shore dive. Whether you are looking for information on the greater bay area, a buddy, or just some new friends, you have found the right club. Feel free to jump in anywhere and say hi, we'll have you in the water in no time.

Divergirl4u:
I dont like "We do some" how about ... Where you can find
KP

We had asked for our description to be changed to the above, thinking it no big deal. However it was in the back-room and it was denied. End of story. I was simply replying to Kim and you jumped in. Now let's just leave it.

As for on-going discussion on Tampa; that is in reference to the BS we hear all the time i.e., "it is being discussed and we will have an answer for you..." Per you, there is no discussion, clearly we were mislead, yet again. It is ongoing problem that one hand does not work or speak to the other in the back-room.

Ean and NetDoc, he is referring to a conversation, I believe, the two had a while back.

Thing is, we will get by but not flourish as well as we potentially could. In the end it is the members/potential members that suffer along with the board, if you look at facts. The board in so far as they are losing members by being so closed minded, constantly disturbing this area, not looking at the obvious (we've shown what works), and wasting time nitpicking us to death for the sake of nitpicking. Constantly making changes keeps everyone up in arms and IMO doesn't reflect well for the board; hence, running people off as usual. Even running through this again with you has everyone saying "not again".

Edited for clarification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom