Welcome Home to The Greater Tampa Bay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh my. A bit of clarification must be in order since I was actually talking about two different, yet related issues. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The forum description wording that is now in place was an advisor team decision based on the fact that Tampa is a club forum, not a regional forum. This goes back to the re-merging of the Conchs, when Tampa was given a status like that of the Lake Lanier Loonie Birds & the Lake Effect Divers- both club forums within a geographic region, not separate geographic forums. Granted, I only read through this thread rather quickly but I did see some suggestions made after the fact from some of y'all wanting to change some of the wording. Hence, my suggestion that y'all take the current description & tweak it among yourselves then bring it back to the advisors.

The OTHER discussion surrounds a couple of requests to change this forum from club to regional & that's what I was referring to in my post. That is going to take a little bit of time for the advisor team to decide.

Because of the volume of trip activity both in here & in the Conch forum, we are going to get y'all a go-to mod for editing posts & the like- i know it's sometimes a struggle to get posts & threads updated. We want to ensure that y'all are able to keep current on the who's coming bringing what & dates & such- both Tampa & the Conchs are pretty darned active but by the same token, sending PM's to multiple mods/advisors can cause confusion & allows updates to fall through the cracks. Board policy is not going to be their decision, however- that will still be done by the advisors.

Hope that clarifies things a little for y'all & sets everyone's minds at ease. I'm off to buy the new Harry Potter book now. :fruit:

I dont really care for "We do some" ... how about ... "Where you can find ...."
Also get rid of "club" and call it .... place or forum
KP

Henry Morgan:
All of what? Trying to get a straight answer to a simple question? That's unbelievably hard to do around here, if you hadn't noticed.

Red Rocks was advertised as a Tampa Bay area dive in another thread...it's obviously not.....and you have to admit, for anyone who doesn't know where Jacaranda and North River Road or whatever it's called are, those directions are completely meaningless. 75 is one long highway to drive down with no idea where to look for your exit.

And three..I never said I was coming. I just asked where it is. You can never have too many shore dives on the list. They're pretty scarce around this area.

Scubaboard does rock …. And so does the Florida and Tampa area Forums … our MOD's do a wonderful job and the trips are sooo much fun. Let me tell you these guys know how to throw a party.

I don’t find “micro-managing” at all.

Some of the threads you speak of are my threads … let me clarify, I am a diver. I post my dives and invite all other divers to join me.
I am not a MOD
or even (ashamed) a paying member. I was also not aware the site was so far south and once you post you can not change the title. I do apologize and I did not mean to confuse you.
Now … do I know you? I don’t recall you being in any of the previous threads.
Kim P

I like Justleesa ... she is a talented lady (artist)
Also very clear as to what and why things go on.
I think all you guys are doing a great job ... keep up the good work :wink:
If it was not for MODs ... Invasion II would have never happened :wink:
KP

Marvel:
...but by the same token, sending PM's to multiple mods/advisors can cause confusion & allows updates to fall through the cracks.

Right there you hit the nail on the head! Right now, every time we think we have one person to go to, *poof*, they are gone, hence our constantly updating everyone who decides to pay us notice. We'd just like one person to be the go-between, along with all of their other modly duties, so we can simply stay on the same page. We ask for no more or less on that front. No one here is delusional thinking we can get "our" mod to change board policy or do things our way - we don't want that. Besides we only have one goal and we have been upfront and honest about it. There is no secret dastardly agenda here.

To the members; I just spoke to Howard on the phone. When he said there was no discussion going on he meant "secret discussion". In fact, all of our prior issues are being looked at and discussed, as were told/promised :)

Kim, if you have time, I know we have been through this twice already, with one thread being lost to the crash, but would you be so kind as to start yet another thread with a generic form of what we all like and let the members edit it, like we did before? this way we have one thread dedicated to just that, with the topic in the title, and no one can say we are confused about what we would like in this area. I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, this thread has turned into something counterproductive IMO to our goal. People have stopped posting to this area and I can't imagine what the new members to the board must be thinking :11doh: (well actually I can through a few pm's I have been sent). Anyway, it is not good and counter productive to our "mantra", if you will. With that, I am going to ask this thread be un-stickied and open a new "Greater Tampa Bay Area, chatty thread".

Quote Marvel: The OTHER discussion surrounds a couple of requests to change this forum from club to regional & that's what I was referring to in my post. That is going to take a little bit of time for the advisor team to decide. /End

This "club" dives everything in this region. Not using the word club, and leaving it open is what attracts so many people. Now if you want to take ego's out and look at this from a marketing perspective. Geo's is the way to go. Some areas are too small but can be grouped with others. That is what gives you the nice "home base" that people feel more comfortable in. They end up branching thus visiting other areas. Also, looking at it from a marketing pov, this way one can direct their marketing to specific group as well as the larger group if they wish. Having more members happy and stable in their area, makes advertisers more apt to advertiser as they have large numbers to advertise to. Bottom line, the more happy stable members - the more advertising dollars. It is a simple recipe that is a win-win.

Divergirl4u:
I like Justleesa ... she is a talented lady (artist)
Also very clear as to what and why things go on.

Agreed. That is the reason I asked for her :) It was actually the advisors that first sent her here to help, so they too must have confidence in her abilities as a mod and go to person.

AstroDad:
Light weight. :D I stood in line at Wally World last night with the kid so she could have it at midnight. She was up 'till 5am reading it....

I admit it. I am a lightweight when it comes to Harry Potter. Still haven't gotten to it.. but I will!!!! :D I guarantee you that when Robert Jordan's next book is finally published that you will not see me until I have read it cover to cover..maybe 2 or three times! :fruit:

Missdirected:
Agreed. That is the reason I asked for her :) It was actually the advisors that first sent her here to help, so they too must have confidence in her abilities as a mod and go to person.

Well, to be frank, JustLeesa was never "assigned' to moderate Florida or Tampa... she just happened to be available & was able to step up to the plate on several occasions. Our goal is to ensure that these 2 very active forums have one single point of contact for all the activity- whether it be simple requests to update a first post about a trip or a policy change request that needs to be dealt with by the advisors. Some of y'all have been complaining of cohesive moderation & a single point of contact will help us to alleviate that, as well as the very real request for updates that fall through the cracks because they are sent to multiple mods/advisors/admins- as an international board, we have to take into consideration the very real time differences that exist, as well as the personal availability of the mods/advisors/admins. Keep in mind that we are all unpaid volunteers that have jobs & lives that we have to balance against SB- with SB extremely high on all of our lists, of course.. :D

I never said she was assigned and I did not insinuate that. You are turning my words around. I stated she was sent to help on a couple of occasions, as were a host of others including the Kraken. I think this group as a whole has respected the mods, we only asked we be assigned someone to stop all the confusion. That is all. It is no more than that, so let us leave it at that instead of inferring or adding to what was requested or stated. One un-biased mod to play as go between in helping stay on the same page, along with their other modly duties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom