Welcome Home to The Greater Tampa Bay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
I never said she was assigned and I did not insinuate that. I stated she was sent to help on a couple of occasions, as were a host of others including the Kraken. I think this group as a whole has respected the mods, we only asked we be assigned someone to stop all the confusion. That is all. It is no more than that, so let us leave it at that instead of inferring or adding to what was requested or stated.

Oh no doubt, Tracy!!! We're just looking at ways to make it better for the Conchs as a whole! Believe it or not, we (the advisors) listen- especially when so many of the staff happen to call Florida home. Face it, our parent forum is probably the single most active regional forum on SB- with the added challenge of having visitors who may plan a trip that encomapsses 2-3 extemely different regions & types of dives. After all, we have the Atlantic, the Gulf, the Springs, the Keys... heck, I am preaching to the choir about our diversity!

We Conchs have been blessed with some of the finest diving in all of the US- no matter what kind of diving it is! So, it behooves us to work together...& that, sometimes requires a bit of compromise to come up with the best workable solution for Florida as a whole, while recognizing the needs of both the majority & the minority- no small or easy task for the advisors to accomplish. Give us some grace & credit to our attempts, please.

I know that it is sometimes lost in the translation how much we apreciate the energy of Tampa- just as y'all "Northerners" may not always recognize the more laid back attitude of us in the southern part of the state- we "Southerners" tend to run on island time & attitude a bit more :D We in the south have to find a way to make sure our northern & visiting bretheren are comfortable with the way we do things while accomodating y'all "Northerners" & also our many, many visitors. Our approach is different but our goals are the same- we want to ensure that everyone feels welcome & joins us to dive- short or long term. Right?

However we differ in our approaches, our common goal seems to be to promote diving & welcoming newcomers- both for the long term & the short term- with SB as the vehicle we all use to make our diving more accessable & enjoyable for all. IOW, we are not nearly so far apart as some might think. Will the assigned point of contact be Lisa? Probably not, although we are still working to identify that reliable source of contact for Florida & the Tampa club. Each & every mod has either assigned duties or life limitations to be considered & the advisors have to factor in considerations that y'all might not need to know about. Rest assured that we have the same ultimate goal- to continue to develop a community by, & about, diving that is inclusive of the majority of our members.

Hope this makes sense & clarifies things a bit.

I haven't read any of them.... I was just doing the good dad thing. Dunno Robert Jordan either. :) The last book I read was from Feynman (http://tinyurl.com/2vyp6p).

Marvel:
I admit it. I am a lightweight when it comes to Harry Potter. Still haven't gotten to it.. but I will!!!! :D I guarantee you that when Robert Jordan's next book is finally published that you will not see me until I have read it cover to cover..maybe 2 or three times! :fruit:

When you guys find out if Harry dies or whatever the big surprise is in the book, let me know. My wife hasn't read it yet and I have a score to settle :evilsmile

Narcosis:
When you guys find out if Harry dies or whatever the big surprise is in the book, let me know. My wife hasn't read it yet and I have a score to settle :evilsmile

We have a Spoiler Thread going... :popcorn:

Narcosis:
Are you an Advisor or something then ???

He is, as well as our director of marketing. You can always go HERE to clarify "Who's Who" on SB.

Missdirected:
Kim, if you have time, I know we have been through this twice already, with one thread being lost to the crash, but would you be so kind as to start yet another thread with a generic form of what we all like and let the members edit it, like we did before? this way we have one thread dedicated to just that, with the topic in the title, and no one can say we are confused about what we would like in this area. I'd really appreciate it.
I am confused ..... you mean the discription of the Tampa area forum?
One a seperate thread correct :huh:
KP

The Greater Tampa Bay Area Forum.
This is a place where you can find some of the most diverse divining in the state of Florida. We have it all from Gulf to springs and caves to rivers. We are a very active group of local divers so if you are just looking for information on dive sites or just a dive buddy jump right in, we welcome all.

Narcosis:

Dave, Harry gets pregnant.....kind of like that Arnold movie....except he gets raped by the redheaded kid (who became a gypsy fortune teller) on top of a pinball machine in the back of a USO club. It's a lot like an old flick called Rabbit Test, if you've ever seen that. Then he dies giving birth. It's a real tearjerker. Not sure if I'd recommend dropping all of that on your wife, and my apologies for spoiling the book for everyone else. :)

Edit: oh..I almost forgot. His twin son and daughter grow up to become the most powerful Jedi the universe has ever seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom