Welcome Home to The Greater Tampa Bay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoteMan:
Fine job Tracy, it may not be word-for-word what the intro used to say, but you capture the spirit of it.

I tried to remember it as best I could...

Anyway, I just asked for it to be posted and sadly it looks like we may be back to square one again. I swear one day I am going to go mentally insane from this nonsense. One would think by seeing this area grow - from our thread held for over a year - then the masses coming with the new club forum and description - someone somewhere would be happy. Okay done venting. I feel like a dog chasing my tail. Grrr... Perhaps I was the only one there when all of us came up with a description of what goes on here and all agreed the description fit us? I know you guys don't hear me vent often but I must say I am fed up with jumping hurdles. We had a system crash - how on earth that turns into change your description and where you guys dive is beyond me.

Missdirected:

Anyway, I just asked for it to be posted and sadly it looks like we may be back to square one again. I swear one day I am going to go mentally insane from this nonsense. One would think by seeing this area grow - from our thread held for over a year - then the masses coming with the new club forum and description - someone somewhere would be happy. Okay done venting. I feel like a dog chasing my tail. Grrr...
Or you can do as suggested, and re-write it.

I showed it to the top dog, and he said to write a club description (not what you sent in). So we'll listen to valid suggestions, but it needs to be in line with other sub-forum/club descriptions throughout the board.

Missdirected:

Anyway, I just asked for it to be posted and sadly it looks like we may be back to square one again. I swear one day I am going to go mentally insane from this nonsense. One would think by seeing this area grow - from our thread held for over a year - then the masses coming with the new club forum and description - someone somewhere would be happy. Okay done venting. I feel like a dog chasing my tail. Grrr... Perhaps I was the only one there when all of us came up with a description of what goes on here and all agreed the description fit us? I know you guys don't hear me vent often but I must say I am fed up with jumping hurdles. We had a system crash - how on earth that turns into change your description and where you guys dive is beyond me.

What happened? Are they taking away our local forum again?

Nobody is taking "your" forum.

HowardE:
Or you can do as suggested, and re-write it.

I showed it to the top dog, and he said to write a club description (not what you sent in). So we'll listen to valid suggestions, but it needs to be in line with other sub-forum/club descriptions throughout the board.

Howard, it is almost on a weekly basis someone new comes in here and rips us apart. We follow the "new" protocol then it something different the next week...

We do springs, cave, wreck, and shore here that is the bottom line. It was this motto of what we do and our openness that has caused us to grow by leaps and bounds. Changing it to "we are the beer sluggers", is not what we represent. All of this was agreed upon before the crash. The mods, naysayers, sock-puppets, and the like, all had their time with us before an agreement was reached. Now taking back that agreement is not fair.

Missdirected:
Howard, it is almost on a weekly basis someone new comes in here and rips us apart. We follow the "new" protocol then it something different the next week...

We do springs, cave, wreck, and shore here that is the bottom lined. It was this motto of what we do and our openness that has caused us to grow by leaps and bounds. Changing it to "we are the beer sluggers", is not what we represent.
Nobody is ripping you apart.

Come up with a "CLUB DESCRIPTION" as I was told to pass along. I'm not making this stuff up myself. That's not how things are done around here. There is an advisor staff.

Your description is not in line with other forums. Come up with something else, or not. It's no sweat off my back. If you come up with something; I will bring it to the others, and see if it's ok.

That's how it works here.

I don't care one way or another how many sub-forums there are on the board. I think its great that you guys have such a strong community in Tampa that you've supported this whole forum. Much respect for that.

The bottom line is: the description that you submitted wasn't approved by the powers that be. I am merely the messenger. If you choose to shoot the messenger, then so be it.

Missdirected:

We do springs, cave, wreck, and shore here that is the bottom line. It was this motto of what we do and our openness that has caused us to grow by leaps and bounds. Changing it to "we are the beer sluggers", is not what we represent. All of this was agreed upon before the crash. The mods, naysayers, sock-puppets, and the like, all had their time with us before an agreement was reached. Now taking back that agreement is not fair.

Preach it Sista!!!!!!!! And Howard I'm glad we're not losing "OUR" forum:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom