Wed. Night Meet at Windy Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I did not end up diving but that is ok. I guess it was not meant to be. We can try to dive again sometime in the future.

Bucho:
No, I did not end up diving but that is ok. I guess it was not meant to be. We can try to dive again sometime in the future.

I deeply apologize that you didn't get to dive. If we ever meet up, I'll pay for your admission because of it.

I just felt that you were going to dive with the other person (the two tall guys), and by time you finished, around 5:30 you'd not want to wait for me and likely go home since we didn't have a firm agreement. You had said you'd try and stay around.

Next time I'll make sure to give my phone # out. The thing is, Windy Point is a 30 minute drive from my office, and it's about a 45 minute drive from Windy Point to my house, so I'm not going to go out there unless I have a confirmed dive plan, and based on the posts in this thread, I didn't feel confident about that.

Again, I'm REALLY sorry. Did you get there late, what about the other people who said they were going to show up?

Yea, us two tall guys were there. We got there at the appointed time (3pm), had a couple of minor equipment malfunctions and dropped into the water about 4:15. Bucho was waiting patiently when we finished out dive. Unfortunatly, due our getting a late start, I didn't have time for a second dive. Maybe next wendsday all will go smooth.

John

shaggie:
Yea, us two tall guys were there. We got there at the appointed time (3pm), had a couple of minor equipment malfunctions and dropped into the water about 4:15. Bucho was waiting patiently when we finished out dive. Unfortunatly, due our getting a late start, I didn't have time for a second dive. Maybe next wendsday all will go smooth.

John

Hope so, what time do you plan on going next week? Unfortunately, I'll never be able to make it earlier than 615-630pm due to my work schedule :(

Hey guys. I was happy to see this thread and that others on the Scubaboard were diving Windy Point. I've done about 12 dives there and like it quite a bit as far as the option around Austin go.

I'm usually good for a couple of dives there during each visit, but seem to run out of places to go or see after that. I'm curious as to what everyone else is doing under the water down there. Just enjoying yourselves or are there some neat spots to hit that I might not be aware of...?

John

jcole:
Hey guys. I was happy to see this thread and that others on the Scubaboard were diving Windy Point. I've done about 12 dives there and like it quite a bit as far as the option around Austin go.

I'm usually good for a couple of dives there during each visit, but seem to run out of places to go or see after that. I'm curious as to what everyone else is doing under the water down there. Just enjoying yourselves or are there some neat spots to hit that I might not be aware of...?

John

I just like getting in the water every once in a while. Sure the sites are the same, but there's enough of them to keep it interesting, and there's a large variance of depth. I usually practice skills, like new kicks, buoyancy control, underwater acrobatics, etc.

My son and I were out there and met the two tall guys. When we came up from our first dive Bucho was sitting at our table. It was nice meeting all of you. My son and I were working with a new computer and some first time "dark" water diving with our new light, so we didn't feel comfortable getting in the water with anyone other than ourselves.

There was another couple out there on their own - very funny - they were sitting on the table, each with a brand new Oceanic VT Pro in one hand and a manual in the other. They looked very confused - I knew exactly how they felt.

The water was well beyond what we were expecting - 10+ foot viz - even better past 60 ft in some spots. We'll be out there again for a Wed night meet, but not soon - I'm off for some business travel and my buddy is heading to NY to spend a month with his grandparents. I hope the regular meet keeps alive and grows. It's nice to put a face to the names here - even if I'm still to chicken to actually dive with anyone other than my son.

I am going to try and make it out next Wed. Wont know until probably late Tuesday whether it will work out though. I will post a yes/no before going to bed on Tuesday.

Willie

Awesome, I'll start a new thread on Monday and try and guage interest.

Like before, I'll come as long as I have a confirmed buddy planned ahead of time. I'll be there around 630pm.

-Brian

I am interested in diving next week, but I probably won't be able to get out there until Thursday. We will see how the week shapes up though.

Back
Top Bottom