Wed. Night Meet at Windy Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everybody...I'm Zach...kinda new to the forum and Swampers. I've met a couple people here so far....I think I might be up for it. I need to see how things pan out today. I need to get some air though, so if I leave work at 5 or so, grab a tank, I can be out there by 6 tomorrow.
How long are ya'll's dive's? I'm still air limited, but getting better.

zach5150:
Hey everybody...I'm Zach...kinda new to the forum and Swampers. I've met a couple people here so far....I think I might be up for it. I need to see how things pan out today. I need to get some air though, so if I leave work at 5 or so, grab a tank, I can be out there by 6 tomorrow.

Welcome Zach,

I can be rather air limited myself, and had already warned Brian, so no worries. See ya there.

Since it looks like I'll be the first there, look for my red float (one of those car inner-tube cover things) either in the water for my buoyancy check or near a picnic table close to the stairs.

zach5150:

I'll be there around 615pm to maybe 630pm. I plan on looking for Lynn (O2BubbleFree)'s scuba floating thing in the water and seeing him nearby. Let's both look for that and once all three of us are there and ready, we'll discuss the plan, and jump in.

BrianV:
We discussed this in detail in prior threads, but here's the official invite. I'll be there around 615-630pm. I don't know yet if my g/f is going. Who else is going?

For those who don't know, Windy Point is $5 per person to get in during the week. Air fills are available on site, but he usually stops filling at some point.

I plan on doing one dive or possibly two if I can get a fill that late and someone else is down.

There's no specific agenda other than to have fun, meet new people, and DIVE!!!

I'll bring some snacks/drinks or something so we can de-brief afterwards.

Dude, why don't you go out there during the weekend? Some of us aren't lucky enough to live in Austin.

MMmm - is there still some consideration to moving the regular meet day?

My son and I were out there last Wednesday and had a great time, but Wednesdays are tough for us. Tuesdays and Thursdays are much better.

I'm up for a move to Thursdays starting in August ...

bogrady:
MMmm - is there still some consideration to moving the regular meet day?
Tue or Wed works better for me. But I am so far away I probably wont make but one or maybe 2 a month anyway. Just thought I would chime in. Still not sure about tomorrow night. I am working on it.

zach5150:
Welcome to the Swamp Zach. I look forward to meeting you and diving some time. We are all air limited even on the surface. :)

Willie

c_figaro:
Dude, why don't you go out there during the weekend? Some of us aren't lucky enough to live in Austin.

I'm also down to go on any Saturday or Sunday so just plan it. The goal with this was to get some somewhat regular diving from locals during the week. The week works well in this case for the following reasons:

- Cheaper entrance
- Less Dives (better vis)
- Weekends are busy for a regular weekly diving.

However, if enough notice is given I'd love to come out and meet you guys for 2-3 dives.

Basically, Tues, Wed, or Thurs works for me; I have no preference on which of those days. We can take a vote if that's what it comes down. The only constant for me is only being able to arrive at 615pm-630pm.

Back
Top Bottom