Webbed rubber Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These would be a great help to disabled divers and swimmers, and for surfing and skydiving ... but not much for regular diving as one of the first things you stop using under water is your hands
I wonder how they would work trying to fit them over some cold water gloves?
I do like how the webbing is attached to the back of the fingers and not from the sides
... http://darkfingloves.com/ ...

Your taught not to use your hands because they're a poor use of energy right? The reason they're not efficient is their size (surface area) in relationship to the energy that can be generated by the muscles in the arms and shoulders. Take a look at the large muscle groups in your legs and buttocks, now compare them to the size (again, surface area) of the feet. Without jet fins (webbing) you could kick all day and go no where. As matter of fact before scuba and the invention of the original foot fin, the hands and feet were both used together for propultion. Could you imagine trying to get a pearl diver in Hawaii 100 years ago to try on a pair of jet fins?
Besides, do you use your feet for directional changes and surge control? No you use your hands.
I understand how difficult it is to learn to use new equipment and except new ideas, but some things just make sense. I was only a matter of time before someone done it right, Darkfin has done it right. They have made a comittment to the research and development of practical, funtional and beneficial hand propultion equipment.
Thanks for checking us out.
If your still not convinced, you can reach me through our customer service link at out site and I'll hook you up with a free pair to review for yourself. Hows that for putting my money where my mouth is. I'll also extend this offer to the first 6 disabled divers that e-mail me through our site at our darkfingloves.com

Last edited:
Can't imagine trying to use a finger spool, reel, deploying a DSMB, etc. with webbed hands. Might want to sell those on a surfing forum ??? I believe the term "doing it right" has already been taken and I highly doubt webbed gloves have anything to do with it :wink:

Maybe your imagination is broken. That happens a lot when you decide you now know it all.

In order to recieve more wine you must first empty your cup.

I'm sorry you think my comments are insulting.

Sometimes defending an idea is more important than making a sale. Besides, if you have read my comments from the beginning you would see that I am giving the product FREE to those who are interested in trying it and letting them be the judge.

If you post a negative comment in a sarcastic manner, to an otherwise positive conversation about a subject you know nothing about, you should'nt be suprised to get a similar response.

If Street doctor had framed his comment as a question with the goal of maybe learning something new I would be happy to debate this idea with him. But NOOOOOO. It was more entertaining to take a cheap shot at me.

LOL, I definitely don't know it all but I do know your hands are better suited for other things rather than propulsion, those two big fins on my feet handle that fine along with proper buoyancy control through the use of my wing, and yes I even use my feet for directional change. I'm going to San Diego next month and will probably do some bodyboarding/surfing if you're willing to send me a set for free I'll send ya my addess! Good luck with your sales :dance:

I would certainly try it before passing judgement. Pm me if your serious in your offer
Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom