Was it airfills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the OP: Have you called them yet?
(Why bother making one phone call to clear this up when you can ask SB and get 100 answers from people who can guess at the answer :) )

A sad side note: ADT has closed it's storefront.... They are still operating via website and appointments for gear repair, sales and training.... They are setting up an alternate location for the mix station. (banked 32, up to full trimix)
Can anyone confirm? I would sure miss seeing Gary, and getting my fills on my way to the coast! I will try to swing by there and see what is going on. That would really be a bummer. Not to many good dive shops out my way, or at least shops I trust. Anyone know what Anchor Shack is charging these days?

I would e-mail first or call and leave message. Since the doors are locked and the adjoining businesses also do not know, it may not be worth stopping by to look inside the nearly empty store. Also the last I tried calling it seems like they are still in business. Anchor Shack is similar in cost to Dive N Board. Dive N Board is easier to get off and on HWY4 and is the best stocked and priced LDS in the area.

I would e-mail first or call and leave message. Since the doors are locked and the adjoining businesses also do not know, it may not be worth stopping by to look inside the nearly empty store. Also the last I tried calling it seems like they are still in business. Anchor Shack is similar in cost to Dive N Board. Dive N Board is easier to get off and on HWY4 and is the best stocked and priced LDS in the area.
Thanks, I'll stick with Anchor Shack.

From my recollection, Anchor Shack can't do HP fills, where as Dive N Board can, at no extra charge. I bought a prepaid fill card from them, and they always fill my HP100's just the same.

Sorry, I did not mean to push Dive N Board over Anchor Shack though it looks like it. It was just my observation not worded very well.
No, it wasn't taken that way. No need for an apology. I just personally prefer not to go to Dive N' Board. We all have our favorite places to go and fill up tanks for various reasons, and to each his/her own when it comes to what LDS that is. Anchor Shack definitely is not as noticeable from the highway, and they don't have the selection that Dive N' Board does. I actually haven't been there in a few years, but in the past one of my sons got his certification from them and I've purchased some nice gear from them. They made it easy when my Ladyhawk BC needed to be replace under warranty, and they have always made me feel welcome there.

Anchor Shack will do HP fills if I am filling em...... hehehehe... I always fill my HP tanks to capacity.. let them cool down and top em off.... I always walk away with 3442ish...

I just wish we did Nitrox.... OH Well..... Since I live in the Hayward area ill keep getting my Nitrox fills at AWS....

Yes, I use to live a few blocks from Any Water Sports. I would drop my tank off during lunch and pick it up after work. They always give a good fill after allowing to cool. Wet Pleasure had better deals on fill cards though, but half the time when I got to the shore my tank was not filled to capacity. I still have a couple of fill cards for Wet Pleasure over 10 years old.

Anchor Shack will do HP fills if I am filling em...... hehehehe... I always fill my HP tanks to capacity.. let them cool down and top em off.... I always walk away with 3442ish...

I just wish we did Nitrox.... OH Well..... Since I live in the Hayward area ill keep getting my Nitrox fills at AWS....

I recently rented 4 tanks from Anchor Shack for a couple of co-workers for a Lobos dive we did. I used to rent tanks from them myself before I bought my own. Two of the tanks were at 2000 and the other two were at 2200 PSI. I wasn't too thrilled about that since they are 2400 PSI tanks and were all stamped as plus rated on the last hydro.

Nathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom