Was it airfills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surely a dive shop would never put nitrox in a tank that does not have a big yellow NITROX bumper sticker on it?

Seriously though,if you have any doubt at all check them with an O2 Analyser.

If its 32% nitrox it is fine down to 100 feet ,but if you dont know if its 32%,air or even pure O2 it is MUCH better to be safe than sorry.
Don't know about west coast, but east cost most shops could care less it seems. This is for a premix fill of course, if you are getting a PP fill, they want to see all the stickers for O2 clean and such, but some still don't require the bumper sticker.

Most shops on the peninsula fill nitrox.

As others have said, analyze the gas if you have any doubts.

As far as I know there is no place in Concord where you can get nitrox. I wish there was....that is in my neck of the woods. I am guessing you got the fill at Nautilus? They must charge $7 for a HP air fill, and they do not do nitrox as of now. But yeah I would call to make sure. Also see what the pricing policy is...is extra charge for any HP volume or only fills over a certain volume (and possibly mis-charged you).

Take them back to any LDS and anaylze your tanks.... There is no LDS in the Concord area that does Nitrox.... Worst case senario... PM me and ill meet you at an LDS in Pacheco and I will analyze them for you and fix ya problem....

Advanced Diving Technologies in Pittsburg does Nitrox and could be considered Concord area.

To the OP: Have you called them yet?
(Why bother making one phone call to clear this up when you can ask SB and get 100 answers from people who can guess at the answer :) )

A sad side note: ADT has closed it's storefront.... They are still operating via website and appointments for gear repair, sales and training.... They are setting up an alternate location for the mix station. (banked 32, up to full trimix)

$7 for an airfill? Outrageous... why the air belongs to all of us, it is communal property. It should be free (if I could only figure out a way to force it into my tank at sufficient pressure without a compressor).

I, too, have never heard of tax charged on an airfill. For your own security I would have it analyzed. If they filled a tank not properly prepared for Nitrox, I probably wouldn't go back to that shop.

Hi everyone. Thanks for all your responses. It is so nice to hear from all of you super divers. I called the shop today and they dont carry nitrox so I am relieved about that.

Nautilus Aquatics in Concord charges $2 extra for HP fills. Give them a call.
925-82-SCUBA (72822).

They would not make a mistake on a NItrox fill. They do not have Nitrox, but they have Nitrox classes. They even charge tax on their class fees.

The only place in Concord that use to do Nitrox was Dive N Board. They do not charge $2 more for HP. You can get a fill card for 10% discount. So about 10 fills - $4.50 per fill. 689-6969

Advanced Diving Technologies - I went there a few months back and the doors were locked. Someone said they were moving to Antioch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom