Was it airfills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobeeno

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today I had 2 steel hp 80's filled for $15.16 in Concord (7.00 a fill + 8.25% tax). My concern is that should I call to make sure that air was filled because that is the only gas I am certified to dive with. I usually pay $4-$5 for an airfill. I hope its not nitrox (only because I am not nitrox :confused:certified)

Today I had 2 steel hp 80's filled for $15.16 in Concord (7.00 a fill + 8.25% tax). My concern is that should I call to make sure that air was filled because that is the only gas I am certified to dive with. I usually pay $4-$5 for an airfill. I hope its not nitrox (only because I am not nitrox certified)

Tax isn't charged on air fills, only nitrox because of the oxygen. Analyze them.

Better safe than sorry, especially if you are going past 10m.

Today I had 2 steel hp 80's filled for $15.16 in Concord (7.00 a fill + 8.25% tax). My concern is that should I call to make sure that air was filled because that is the only gas I am certified to dive with. I usually pay $4-$5 for an airfill. I hope its not nitrox (only because I am not nitrox :confused:certified)

I think (In CA) you should ask for your sales tax back for sure!

I've paid $7 for an airfill before. I didn't know that about the sales tax though.

Surely a dive shop would never put nitrox in a tank that does not have a big yellow NITROX bumper sticker on it?

Seriously though,if you have any doubt at all check them with an O2 Analyser.

If its 32% nitrox it is fine down to 100 feet ,but if you dont know if its 32%,air or even pure O2 it is MUCH better to be safe than sorry.

Also no dive shop I know of would let you take a bottle they filled with nitrox without analyzing it and getting you to sign off the fill sheet and then write down and initial the blend and MOD on a piece of tape to go ont he bottle before they let you take it out of the shop.

Easy enough to get the bottles analyzed, as a precaution.

It is actually my understanding that there are few places outside of Monterey where you can actually get Nitrox. I can't speak too much for the East Bay though. Does the OP know that the LDS actually has nitrox capacity there?

Back
Top Bottom