Warped Dive World Evolution - BP/W Subgroup Mindset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did SB exist 8-9 years ago?

... look at my join date (Feb. 2002) ... there are several folks who've been here longer than me ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

She did one of her AOW dives using a Worthy 80 and was hating it - said it just felt heavy and like it wanted to flip her over. A few months later, she tried a Faber HP80 and liked it a lot better. The Worthys are a couple lbs more negative IIRC which is easily noticeable.

The Faber HP tanks that I use are super heavy, more negatively buoyant than the other Faber HP and definitely more than the Worthingtons. I like them though because I can get rid a lot of weight from my waist. Though I must say that those tanks are probably not too great for jacket BC.

The Faber HP tanks that I use are super heavy, more negatively buoyant than the other Faber HP and definitely more than the Worthingtons. I like them though because I can get rid a lot of weight from my waist. Though I must say that those tanks are probably not too great for jacket BC.

The faber medium pressure cylinders are quite negative. This tanks have a 3180 stamped WP and a ~3500 fill pressure 3180 +10%

The newer exempt FX fabers, stamped 3442 with no *+* are much less negative.

Tobin

Her BCD (Scubapro Bella) is a size small, and they don't come smaller. The tank is an AL80, rented from a dive op, no smaller tanks were available.

So why buy that model of ScubaPro and also why use a badly fitting Vest BC to condemn all Vest BC's as "not very streamlined?"

Here is a similar sized female using an AL80, in a vest BC that fits. :idk:

It seems to me that this isn't the first thread that the OP has gotten involved in on BP/W vs Jacket debate. I don't know maybe I'm wrong.

And the title "Warped Dive World Evolution-BP/W Subgroup Mindset".
What's with the title?
"Warped"?? what's warped about it? - and "Mindset" in the same sentence.
So is he implying I have a warped mindset?

Nobody has to tell me I'm warped, I already know that.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

As I have mentioned, ad nauseum, I am pretty consistent in only arguing against absolute statements made as fact of subjects that are subjective. streamlining and venting are the main two topics but there are also a few BP/W is always the right tool for the job statements. :idk:

halemanō;5740863:
I contend that when BP/W proponents have typed that "BP/W's are more streamlined than Vest BC's" I have asked; for the link(s) to the studies or data used for that statement typed as if it were fact, why one would type in a way that claims the entire BP/W category is more streamlined than the entire category of Vest BC's, why an anecdotal opinion is not being identified as opinion and other similar versions.

The warped dive world title is part of a series. The title was inspired/coined by a Vest BC HATER!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/369121-warped-view-dive-world.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...ve-world-evolution-bp-w-subgroup-mindset.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...-world-vol-2-diving-beyond-your-training.html

Warped: To turn aside from the true direction; to cause to bend or incline; to pervert. [1913 Webster]

Halemano: I think you caused some confusion and/or insult over your use of the word "warped" in the context of your description of other people's opinions towards BP&W.

Did you mean to imply that a positive recommendation for BP&W was somehow perverted or a 'misdirection' from the true path of scuba diving BCD configuration?

Halemano: I think you caused some confusion and/or insult over your use of the word "warped" in the context of your description of other people's opinions towards BP&W.

Did you mean to imply that a positive recommendation for BP&W was somehow perverted or a 'misdirection' from the true path of scuba diving BCD configuration?

It was also not likely the smartest idea to make it personal by centering out one individual by posting only their posts in the initial "warped" post.

halemanō;5744237:
As I have mentioned, ad nauseum, I am pretty consistent in only arguing against absolute statements made as fact of subjects that are subjective. streamlining and venting are the main two topics but there are also a few BP/W is always the right tool for the job statements. :idk:

This thread has over 100 posts - are there any that have said BP/W is always the right tool for the job?

halemanō;5744237:

Can you give an example where a BP/W would not be appropriate and explain why that would be? It would also be helpful if you could elaborate on your experience diving the BP/W.

halemanō;5744225:
So why buy that model of ScubaPro and also why use a badly fitting Vest BC to condemn all Vest BC's as "not very streamlined?....."

Getting the proper fit is one of the differences though. A BP/W can be adjusted for pretty much anyone from XS to XXL. You buy it and adjust for a perfect fit.

A jacket has a much narrower range of adjustment and even with the proper size, there is so much variation between manufactures that you have to try it on to make sure it works. As a result, lots of divers have ill-fitting jacket BCD's.

Example: When I dive my sons jacket, which fits him perfect (at 240lbs) it is sloppy big on me (at 215lbs) yet we can both dive the same BP. I bet I could fit it to the same 110lb lady in the picture within 10 minutes with my BP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom