Weighting a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I was asking @happy-diver because I expect he has a very concrete, no-nonsense reason for his setup, as a tinkerer of class, and I'm hoping to learn something. I can see that it would protect against abrasion, but I don't think abrasion is a big issue to begin with, and I wonder if there is some other aspect of it that is superior. Not having a triglide might have other positive benefits in his setup that I can't see from just the picture.

Well I was asking @happy-diver because I expect he has a very concrete, no-nonsense reason for his setup, as a tinkerer of class, and I'm hoping to learn something. I can see that it would protect against abrasion, but I don't think abrasion is a big issue to begin with, and I wonder if there is some other aspect of it that is superior. Not having a triglide might have other positive benefits in his setup that I can't see from just the picture.

Why would you consider putting a tri-glide in that part of a harness ?

You're right, I wouldn't, I was somehow thinking of the belt loop part. Never mind then, carry on. 🤦‍♂️

What are you doing to your webbing that abrasion is a concern?

I have replaced >10 year old webbing that wasn’t ready to give up the ghost. $20 every ten years is less than a single apres-dive round

I would agree that harnesses typically don’t abrade at the top of the plate. Most abrasion happens at the bottom where the waistband emerges from the plate, especially if there are weight trim pockets on the waistband.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom