warm water drysuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi:
I have a question for all the warm water divers out there....

If you had the opportunity to dive a drysuit that was priced like a high end wetsuit, was as flexible as a wetsuit, and packed as small as a wetsuit, would you?

:crafty:

I am intrigued, but not convinced I understand what a "warm water" drysuit is. I would like a lightweight, inexpensive suit for "cool-ish" water, say 52-62 F.

Can you describe how you differentiate between warm and cold water drysuits?

DiveJedi:
here ya go....we have added a zipper cover since this picture....

thoughts??

303730923_ec7169d5e7_m.jpg
Specifically what type of undergarment do you envision being worn beneath this suit? Fleece? Thinsulate laminate?

Doc Intrepid:
Specifically what type of undergarment do you envision being worn beneath this suit? Fleece? Thinsulate laminate?
I'm still waiting for an answer on that one too.

DiveJedi:
I have a question for all the warm water divers out there....

If you had the opportunity to dive a drysuit that was priced like a high end wetsuit, was as flexible as a wetsuit, and packed as small as a wetsuit, would you?

:crafty:

I currently dive a dry suit when ever the water temps are under 72-74 with cooler air temps. My next suit is a 4/3 suit.

So I guess the question as others have said what can you wear under it? For instance, if I could get a some thermals under it so that it could be worn into cooler waters down into the low 60s that would be great.

And yes I think there is a market for this as there is gap in the market cost wise.

I'm just wondering what temp range this suit would be for, and would dry socks be an option. One less seal to replace .

I have a drysuit and really enjoy diving dry, even when temps are in the mid 80's but my one gripe is that it's too stiff and I lose too much mobility. I currently have a bare Nex-Gen. Tough as nails bilam suit, but just too stiff for my taste... that said, I'll probably be back in it soon enough as I do like being dry after my dive.

Aloha, Tim

Being a warm water diver... temp from 27C upwards, My personal take is that a dry suit may well be an overkill. As it is, it can already be a bother to pack my 3mm most times and the cost would make it slightly prohibitive to many warm water divers who usually pay USD200-250 for a scubapro or ralftech wetsuit as opposed to a 600+ dry.

Doc Intrepid:
I've got a 200g Tilos undie that fits snug that would be perfect under it. :) Not a lot of loft to it. My concern would be that doubles would make me too negative. Plus I'm wondering how it would withstand the abuse of climbing past all the rocks to get into a cave.

DiveJedi:
Maybe....what are you currently wearing to cave dive?
A CLX450, it's pretty bulky, not too terribly streamlined since it's a men's stock medium.

And the knees take the most abuse. Kneeling in the head pool prior to/after the dive and high flow caves tend to take plenty of knee abuse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom