warm water drysuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a bigger picture available?

It looks kind of snug on the guy in the photo

This suit is designed to be ultra streamlined...snug as you say.....and very flexible! Which in turn allows the suit to fit a very wide range of divers.....

maybe.....just maybe.... in time we could have different colors even?
howarde:
Is there a bigger picture available?

It looks kind of snug on the guy in the photo

DiveJedi:
here ya go....we have added a zipper cover since this picture....

thoughts??

303730923_ec7169d5e7_m.jpg

I take it that's a shoulder to shoulder front zip? I've never seen one of those before, but front zips are definitely a bonus.

What material is this suit made of?

How much lift could you generate with this suit (in case of BC failure)?

Anyway, I do tentatively like the idea of a suit like this, though I'm still not sure if it would be worth it in warm water, except for cave and tech diving. By warm water, I mean warm enough that I'm warm and comfortable in a wetsuit.

Also, I think there might be a market for it among people in warm waters who want to learn/teach drysuit diving for various reasons.

DiveJedi:
This suit is designed to be ultra streamlined...snug as you say.....and very flexible! Which in turn allows the suit to fit a very wide range of divers.....

maybe.....just maybe.... in time we could have different colors even?
Is it neoprene? What kind of undergarment could you wear under that?

That is in fact a shoulder to shoulder front entry system, and having dove that suit myself, I can vouch for the fact that it is truly self entry....
We just introduced 2 other suits with the same entry system (more for colder water) that have proved to be very popular.

This suit is a twist on our current patent called the captive suspension system which is on many of our existing suits. We have applied this system to the entire suit (which we also have a patent on). This feature makes it very flexible and light weight. Its outer shell is made of lycra, but it will likely have many faces. Different materials, colors etc. to fit the kind of diving you do.

*Floater*:
I take it that's a shoulder to shoulder front zip? I've never seen one of those before, but front zips are definitely a bonus.

What material is this suit made of?

How much lift could you generate with this suit (in case of BC failure)?

Anyway, I do tentatively like the idea of a suit like this, though I'm still not sure if it would be worth it in warm water, except for cave and tech diving. By warm water, I mean warm enough that I'm warm and comfortable in a wetsuit.

Also, I think there might be a market for it among people in warm waters who want to learn/teach drysuit diving for various reasons.

DiveJedi:
Good point....in your opinion, what area of your suits takes the most abuse as a technical diver?

Knees take some abuse, and of course if you're moving through a tight restriction, any part of the suit can get pretty scuffed up.

Jeff

I think it's an absolutely brilliant idea. I'll take one for the wife and I. We dive here in Michigan, cold all the time and like diving dry. I am of the opinion that it's easier to get in and out of and certainly more comfortable after the dive. I'd love it if I could have another suit for that kind of money to take south. Seriously, when can we get them? I'm heading to Florida/Islands in early Feb. I'm taking my boat and I'd so rather have drysuits on there that dry quick then two wetsuits a piece.(I hate to, and she won't get into a cold wet wetsuit so we have more then one each) These are the perfect solution!!

Glad to hear your enthusiasm about the Fusion...watch for them in the new year!

cobaltblue:
I think it's an absolutely brilliant idea. I'll take one for the wife and I. We dive here in Michigan, cold all the time and like diving dry. I am of the opinion that it's easier to get in and out of and certainly more comfortable after the dive. I'd love it if I could have another suit for that kind of money to take south. Seriously, when can we get them? I'm heading to Florida/Islands in early Feb. I'm taking my boat and I'd so rather have drysuits on there that dry quick then two wetsuits a piece.(I hate to, and she won't get into a cold wet wetsuit so we have more then one each) These are the perfect solution!!

Mad Scientist:
As a rec diver who dives a dry suit in cold water. I have no interest in diving dry in warm water. I want to feel the water that is the whole point of being in the water.

Yeah what he said :mooner: I do most of my diving dry but definetly like it when I can go wet ? Also I can pee in my wetsuit ( yeah thats wright I said PEE ).. If you need a drysuit in warm water you must be doing some serious dive times and extended Deco In which case why just not use a standard suit and lighten up on the undies.:confused:

Come do a demo day here (Austin, Tx) and you just might get a few sales.

~Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom