Vortoberfest V - 2009 Trip Report and Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice, someone spilled their beer on me.

Jason(JHayes75)
IMG_3982.jpg

Nice, someone spilled their beer on me.
Do you speak of yourself in the third person very often? :D

I had a great time again this year, it was great to dive with such a great group of people. I was saving up this year for a cavern class, so I decided not to spend the money on the Saturday boat trip (although I wished I could have). I was able to get out to Cypress Spring, Beckton Spring, Morrison Spring, Vortex Spring, and the PC Jetties. I really enjoyed the light string that they put in the basin all the way into the cavern at Vortex for night dives, it was really cool. Although, while I was hovering over it I started wondering if it would short out and shock the h%$# out of me :D.

Thank you to everyone who brought food for the group, it was all wonderful. Next year we need to do the shrimp boil (great idea Hetland).

The only thing I was a little puzzled about when I arrived at Vortex this year is that it seemed like Vortoberfest was a bit of an after thought this year. Last year we had raffles, lots of prize oriented games on Saturday, and t-shirts were made for the event. I hope next year the festivities can be ramped up a bit.

Here are a few pictures from this weekend:

001_edit.jpg

011_edit1.jpg

014_edit2.jpg

018_edit.jpg

020_edit1.jpg

026_edit1.jpg

027_edit2.jpg

032_edit.jpg

Looking up at Morrisons

045_edit.jpg

046_edit.jpg

Lobster-sized crawfish at Vortex :D

047_edit1.jpg

Was not me. I only spilled beer on myself.

Wasn't me either. I didn't spill any, except down my gullet. That was some good brew Jason! :wink:

Hello Everyone,

I had the greatest time. It was super meeting everyone. And BTW...I know what you are all thinking. So, get your mind out of the gutter. A certain person was a complete officer and a gentlemen! Even if my Lady skills were lacking after all the rum!

This will not be my last Vortorberfest. It was just too much fun.
Love you all...

Mary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom