Vortoberfest V - 2009 Trip Report and Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kraken for getting me certified in Nitrox.
Congrats on Nitrox cert.

Clay and significant-other - thank you for feeding me and for the conversation. It was a delight!

A lot of pictures were taken, but as I recall, there was a promise not to post -- right? RIGHT?
You are welcome. Food is a huge group event and was provided by many people.

We do post "most" pictures. It will take me a few more days to find the best ones and get them uploaded. The only promise I can make is that I will post them. As long as I can black out the nudity.

...Jimmy - hope your ankle is feeling better. Quite the trooper getting in the water and diving with me at Vortex and we did a 49-minute dive! I hope your ankle is not broken.
Thank You! The ankle is still UGLY! I enjoyed the dive, sorry about the silt though. I must've looked like a sub missing a rudder! :D

Docc; nice to meet you. Heidi is absolutlely adorable!
Jason; nice to meet you also. The grits were delicious. Hated it that we couldn't celebrate an LSU victory.
AlohaGirl; Thanks for the cigar, very tasty!
Barry; What can I say other than it's always good to meet another Navy man.
NetDoc and Steve; Good to meet and talk with ya! I am glad we all have SB and to be a member.
BamaMedic, I saw you there but didn't get by to say hello. It would have been cool to talk about Alaska. (No pun intended) :D

Clay and Kathy, it was really nice to see ya again. Sorry we couldn't get in the water. Between gear failure and my clumsiness, it was still an enjoyable time. Thanks so much for including me and Alicia in your group. We had a great time. When you get ready to visit the Mayfield Farm, give us a holler and we can meet you somewhere and have dinner and a drink.

Andy and Andrew, you guys are a trip! :rofl3:

Denise, you was a GG!

To all my other SB/Vortoberfest friends: Kraken, YAF, Kevin, Carolyn, Tom, Rick, and please forgive me if I fail to mention anyone; looking forward to next time.

I didn't see Matt, Jamie, Martin, or Paige this year, did they make it and I just missed them?

Last, but definitely not least: Shane! What can I say? Thank you so much for another good time. You and the staff are great. I always have a good time there and can't say enough good things about you.

My apologies to all those folks who I could not bring any Cuban cigars for. Hopefully, in the near future, business picks up and we'll be traveling o'seas again and I can start bringing them again.

:lotsalove: :lotsalove: :lotsalove:

Heidi had a busy weekend. She started mingling from the time she arrived:
20091011_17.jpg

20091011_42.jpg

She broke a few hearts who were expecting her to be a bit more "dimensional"
20091011_41.jpg

She Survived the Rain Storm Friday Night...Resourceful girl borrowing that umbrella
20091011_1.jpg

She was up bright and early Saturday morning to meet Pete(NetDoc)
20091011_101.jpg

She must like the outdoors because she slept on my truck one night
20091011_3.jpg

Last edited:
Morrison's
IMG_3875.jpg

Kevin (Carlisle)
IMG_3881.jpg

Denisegg
IMG_3934.jpg

The Iron Chef(Hetland)
IMG_3933.jpg

Barry(MrXray), Denise(gg), Clay(snepdiver), Jason(JHayes75), Monica(Moondog75)
IMG_3939.jpg

Jimmy(Irishsquid)
IMG_3948.jpg

Tom smedley
IMG_3962.jpg

Karen(K_girl), Pete(Netdoc), Mary(alohagal), denise(gg)
IMG_3974.jpg

Jason(JHayes75)
IMG_3982.jpg

Monica(Moondog75), Carolyn(Lives4sharks), Heidi(Heidi), Denise(gg)
IMG_3870.jpg

Last edited:
Gordon, what can I say? I didn't get to talk to you very much, but I have a feeling I know someone who may be able to tell me a lot more. Don't ask me who, but trust me, I have my sources.

K..

Karen...it was nice meeting you and your sister (Martha...Madge.....something that starts with an "M" I think) and talking with you. Have a safe trip to Tallahassee.

Denise looks entirely too well behaved in this pic! :shocked2:

It was suppose to deceive people..:D I think we all know better tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom