Visa on arrival?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand.
What am I missing please?

Just to be more clear, you live in Canada and it’s normal you don’t know that… in italy we use a lot of natural gas for the production of electricity and also for our homes.. hotwater and house heating… almost 40% of our natural gas consumption come from Russia trough Ukraine… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last time Russian invaded and occupied another country(Afghanistan) cost them dearly. History keep repeating itself? I sincerely hope so.

"Guarantor"? The whole idea is to force everyone to use agent!!! I would not be at all surprised that all the agents have good connection with the gov.

Opssss…. If I understand correctly the VOA Restarting in bali from ?? … the decision is against the visa mafia…🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

The final decision is in Jakarta not Denpasar.

Absolutely… but I hope the minister can do the right thing… 😅

Opssss…. If I understand correctly the VOA Restarting in bali from ?? … the decision is against the visa mafia…🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

Luhut has much more power than the minister of tourism. He states clearly there will be a visa on arrival " soon ". Not clear when and if it will be for Bali only. It will be combined with quarantine free entry and.....better medical care at Bali.

a) flights from Europe to SEA pass through Ukraine/Russian airspace
b) Russia already has shot down a civil aircraft (MH17) in the past
No flights over Ukraine/Russia anymore.

I’m making a run for Indo in a little more than 2 weeks and have a B211A in process. I had 2 options: $175USD for standard processing time (10-14 business days) or $315USD for expedited (5 business days). When I first booked the trip, quarantine was at 5 days but I arranged to do it at a bubble facility so I could dive right away. It turned into 3, then 1, and now none! :)

Pre-pandemic, I have always done a VOA if under 30 days or done a 60 day visa at the consulate when my trip is over 30 days. I know VOAs could be extended but I never used to do it because of the hassle of doing it while on a trip. This is a longer trip so even if VOA starts again, the 60 day validity (also with option to extend) will still come in handy.

The process has been pretty easy so far…I paid the agent via Wise (formerly known as TransferWise). I’ll report back.

I got my B211A visa this morning. I paid for standard turnaround and got it within 5 business days. :) It was super easy. I am not sure if my frequent visits and numerous VOAs and 60 day entry visas in the past on the same passport had any influence but it was a pleasant and professional experience. :)

I got my B211A visa this morning. I paid for standard turnaround and got it within 5 business days. :) It was super easy. I am not sure if my frequent visits and numerous VOAs and 60 day entry visas in the past on the same passport had any influence but it was a pleasant and professional experience. :)
Yay! Which agent did you use?

I'm debating getting the multi-visit visa, since it's cheaper than visa on arrival if I go 4x or more in a year. I think it needs a guarantor tho? Can't find much info if it'll be available as one of the options for visa on arrival - social/tourism is listed as one of the valid uses.

Long weekend trips to Bali (for both diving and yoga in Ubud) is looking tempting now that day 3 test is gone. Figure not having to wait in visa on arrival line is a plus also even if it works out more expensive with the agent fee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom