Visa on arrival?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boletus1973

Contributor
Reaction score
After finding some flight bargain for bali and sulawesi for the next august there is only the problem of the VOA.... there is some news about the reissue of the classic 30 days VOA??:wink:

I follow the fb group “Bali covid 19 update” group, and while the latest articles that’s been shared about the opening of Indonesia has hope of no quarantine after April 1st, some officials apparently also said they want “quality” tourism.
Some interprets this as voa will not resume anytime soon if ever, others seem to “know” that it will shift to an online (more expensive than the previous 50$) visa.
However this is still just guesses, nothing official yet.

Currently you need to get a B211A tourist visa (350-750 us$ via an agent) quarantine for 3 or 5 days - depending on your vaccination status - several LOB offers quarantine packages so you can go diving during your quarantine.

some officials apparently also said they want “quality” tourism.
Some interprets this as voa will not resume anytime soon if ever,
I would agree with this statement. The issue is over the years Bali has become an overcrowded tourist zoo. Also tourism is a very very very small percentage of Indonesia GDP so getting tourism back up and running in 1 of there 17,000+ island is not that high on the governments priority list. Additionally they have realized how nice Bali is over the last 2 years. And having spent about 10 months of 2020 and 5 months of 2021 in Indonesia I can also say Bali is soooooooooo much nicer now then pre-covid. There are still plenty of foreigners there, enough to keep most of the local business running. Beaches are still crowded, bars and clubs are busy, lots of traffic and Bule's running around on scooters Saturday night. But it is not overwhelming. I totally understand the governments position. I would be taking a hard look at the situation and be second guessing if they really want Bali to go back to how it was. This is where the "quality" tourist come in.

Now I know several are going to jump all over this and say "well im not taking my money there" or "why would they regulate what tourist can and can not come into Indonesia" or "that is dumb and not fair"

Well my answer to that is sure not problem take you money else where like I said tourism is not really Indonesia's focus for income and honestly I really like Bali how it is with less people, so much so that I am heading back next month to enjoy it while I still can in case they restart VOA and open the flood gates and Bali is ruined again.

And as for people that will complain about how they can regulate who comes to Indonesia my answer to that is have you seen what is required for an Indonesian Citizen to go to the US???? It would only seem fair that Indonesia required the same pain staking process and paper work in return.

• Filling your Visa Application (DS-160 ) is only the first step in the visa application process.
  • After that book an appointment for Visa Interview and pay the fees.
  • Visit the U.S. Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.
  • You will need to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, one recent photograph, your current and all old passports, and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.
13 documents required for USA tourist visa
  1. Visa Application Form
  2. Passport Photo
  3. Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travellers coming to USA. The negative PCR test must be issued with in 72 hours of before departure.
  4. COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to USA. The last dose of vaccine must be taken atleast 14 ays before departure.
  5. Appointment booking confirmation with the consulate of USA. Also need Visa Fee reciept along with DS-160 confirmation page
  6. Original Passport or Travel document of Indonesia with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
  7. Previous visas if available. If you were previously in the United States, any documents attesting to your immigration or visa status.
  8. Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
  9. Travel itinerary is travel reservation to and from Indonesia in your name, not a ticket. Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
  10. Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave USA, such as • personal bank statements • Pay slips from employer • Tax records
  11. Proof that you have reasons to return to Indonesia such as: • A letter from your employer stating you plan to return to your job • Proof that you study at a school, college or university in your home country • Proof that you have immediate family members in your home country(photos, marriage certificates etc) • Proof that you can return home • Proof that you own a house or other major assets in your home country
  12. Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
  13. Any financial documents like FD, Shares, Mutual Funds, NSC, PPF, Property papers or any other financial documents in Indonesia.

Ohh yeah and as for the cost. Direct from the US Travel State website it says $160 Fees for Visa Services and that is not including the cost to fly to Jakarta, to the embassy interview, book hotels, food, time off work, etc.

I would agree with this statement. The issue is over the years Bali has become an overcrowded tourist zoo. Also tourism is a very very very small percentage of Indonesia GDP so getting tourism back up and running in 1 of there 17,000+ island is not that high on the governments priority list. Additionally they have realized how nice Bali is over the last 2 years. And having spent about 10 months of 2020 and 5 months of 2021 in Indonesia I can also say Bali is soooooooooo much nicer now then pre-covid. There are still plenty of foreigners there, enough to keep most of the local business running. Beaches are still crowded, bars and clubs are busy, lots of traffic and Bule's running around on scooters Saturday night. But it is not overwhelming. I totally understand the governments position. I would be taking a hard look at the situation and be second guessing if they really want Bali to go back to how it was. This is where the "quality" tourist come in.

Now I know several are going to jump all over this and say "well im not taking my money there" or "why would they regulate what tourist can and can not come into Indonesia" or "that is dumb and not fair"

Well my answer to that is sure not problem take you money else where like I said tourism is not really Indonesia's focus for income and honestly I really like Bali how it is with less people, so much so that I am heading back next month to enjoy it while I still can in case they restart VOA and open the flood gates and Bali is ruined again.

And as for people that will complain about how they can regulate who comes to Indonesia my answer to that is have you seen what is required for an Indonesian Citizen to go to the US???? It would only seem fair that Indonesia required the same pain staking process and paper work in return.

• Filling your Visa Application (DS-160 ) is only the first step in the visa application process.
  • After that book an appointment for Visa Interview and pay the fees.
  • Visit the U.S. Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.
  • You will need to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, one recent photograph, your current and all old passports, and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.
13 documents required for USA tourist visa
  1. Visa Application Form
  2. Passport Photo
  3. Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travellers coming to USA. The negative PCR test must be issued with in 72 hours of before departure.
  4. COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to USA. The last dose of vaccine must be taken atleast 14 ays before departure.
  5. Appointment booking confirmation with the consulate of USA. Also need Visa Fee reciept along with DS-160 confirmation page
  6. Original Passport or Travel document of Indonesia with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
  7. Previous visas if available. If you were previously in the United States, any documents attesting to your immigration or visa status.
  8. Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
  9. Travel itinerary is travel reservation to and from Indonesia in your name, not a ticket. Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
  10. Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave USA, such as • personal bank statements • Pay slips from employer • Tax records
  11. Proof that you have reasons to return to Indonesia such as: • A letter from your employer stating you plan to return to your job • Proof that you study at a school, college or university in your home country • Proof that you have immediate family members in your home country(photos, marriage certificates etc) • Proof that you can return home • Proof that you own a house or other major assets in your home country
  12. Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
  13. Any financial documents like FD, Shares, Mutual Funds, NSC, PPF, Property papers or any other financial documents in Indonesia.

Ohh yeah and as for the cost. Direct from the US Travel State website it says $160 Fees for Visa Services and that is not including the cost to fly to Jakarta, to the embassy interview, book hotels, food, time off work, etc.

Ok... thanks for the explanation... after 12 years in a row(before covid) of dive holidays around all Indonesia(one month a year) now i know that i'm a not quality tourist.... :yeahbaby::yeahbaby:
ps:In Bali the tourism GDP isn't that small....

Ok... thanks for the explanation... after 12 years in a row(before covid) of dive holidays around all Indonesia(one month a year) now i know that i'm a not quality tourist.... :yeahbaby::yeahbaby:
ps:In Bali the tourism GDP isn't that small....

No one every said your not a quality tourist. Your more than welcome to visit. You can right now even, as I mentioned above you can apply online. Indonesia has been open for tourist for a while now. So if your going to complain about it but not actually go then you are just contradicting your self. Singapore airlines even has direct flights into Bali so you do not have to do quarantine Jakarta. SQ938 fly's every other day at 9am

PS: Bali is not a country. I don't know why everyone refers to Bali like it is its own country. It is simply just another island in country of Indonesia which by the way has about 17,000+ other islands too.

Singapore airlines even has direct flights into Bali so you do not have to do quarantine Jakarta. SQ938 fly's every other day at 9am

This maybe true but only a select few hotels are allowed to have quarantine customers and many people booked places only to find out they are not approved for quarantine.

This maybe true but only a select few hotels are allowed to have quarantine customers and many people booked places only to find out they are not approved for quarantine.

It is clearly stated all over the place that quarantine hotels have to be approved government quarantine hotels. Its pretty simple to figure out, 30 second google search will give you all the info you need.

Also by "select few" do you mean 129 different hotels, I would not really call that a few. And 64 of those are in Bali.

They even have a really basic flow chart that a 5 year old could follow on every step with link to the approved hotels. Bali Airport Information like seriously it does not get any more simple than this.

1645610180341.png

1645610463642.png

No one every said your not a quality tourist. Your more than welcome to visit. You can right now even, as I mentioned above you can apply online. Indonesia has been open for tourist for a while now. So if your going to complain about it but not actually go then you are just contradicting your self. Singapore airlines even has direct flights into Bali so you do not have to do quarantine Jakarta. SQ938 fly's every other day at 9am

PS: Bali is not a country. I don't know why everyone refers to Bali like it is its own country. It is simply just another island in country of Indonesia which by the way has about 17,000+ other islands too.

Discussing this argument in a language different than mine is pretty difficult… but..
Before covid the tourism gdp in Indonesia weight 5% of the total.. saying that isn’t that much is disrespectful… because gdp isn’t all.. they are numbers.. but under those numbers there is people.. families… Before covid there where almost 13 millions of people regularly employed in the tourism industry.. many of them put rice on the table.. we refers to bali because is the main tourism hot spot in Indonesia.. but there are many others… like in my country there is Venice.. Florence.. Rome.. the Dolomites mountains… but if you look at the gdp also italy is a lot more than tourism… but for who live from turism It’s all!
For me, travel around Indonesia is small dive resorts.. homestays.. warungs.. nothing very luxury… limiting the number of tourists or improve the “quality” of them by an expensive(for me) visa, affect most those small business.. who you think can be more affected? Not the Bulgari five star resort… 😉
i agree that bali in some parts was a real zoo… but it was like that for the cheap or free visa? I don’t think so…
I’m happy that the bule’s bintang drinkers are still there and party…

Back
Top Bottom