Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody dove Hood Canal in the last few days?

We did South Wall Pulali Pt., West Wall Pulali Pt., and The Pinnacle on Saturday (June 28).

Vis was simply awful from 40 fsw and up ... 3 to 5 feet. Below that it got progressively better. Below about 80 fsw, the vis was 30 feet or more ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We did South Wall Pulali Pt., West Wall Pulali Pt., and The Pinnacle on Saturday (June 28).

Vis was simply awful from 40 fsw and up ... 3 to 5 feet. Below that it got progressively better. Below about 80 fsw, the vis was 30 feet or more ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Agreed. Dove Octopus Point Viz anywhere from 2-5 feet, bottom more like 15. Conditions were better the week before.

Going to Neah Bay over the 4th and was wondering if anybody been up there lately.

Went to Neah Bay over 3 day weekend had 15 to 20 snorkeling the shallows divers told me they had not good in the 25 foot or less but opened up when they went down near the 60 ft mark. Any always good to swim in and around the kelp. Did my first night dive ever during the fireworks show at Snow Creek the colors in the water where awesome. Saw a Ling and a greenling watching the show too.

Dove Sund Rock N. Wall on Saturday. Vis was ok, maybe 10-15'. Went to about 85', then worked up to wall. 3 wolfies, 2 octos were the highlight. One Octo was HUGE....very cool. Both were hidden in rocks at bottom of wall, as were the wolfies. Great dive.

Clear Lake Vis

This was taken at about 40'. I love diving here in the summer! :D

IMG_5367.JPG

Yesterday (7/07/08) at the Edmonds Oil dock was simply amazing. Over 50 feet, possible 60, oddly it was the shallower water that seemed to have less particulates. While under the dock you would easily see the entire width and probibly like 10 pilings ahead swimming to the north. It will go down as one of the best dives I have ever had. Just an unreal almost tropical like feeling too it. Not to mention there was tons or ratfish, rockfish, and flatfish. In fact, I'm about to go back right now.

Three tree North and Redondo yesterday were both great. At least 30 feet, maybe more. Fantastic dives!

Yup, the latest plankton bloom died and vis is fantastic. Tonight at Redondo it was 25-30 feet in the shallows, and easily more than 40 feet at depth. Saw the whole carousel boat from probably 30-40 feet away ... didn't even need a light down there.

Awesome! Folks need to take some time off and get out and enjoy this vis ... it won't last long.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dove Jorsted creek around 7 pm vis about 5 to !0ft. went down to 120 ft. Two big octos one at 80 the other 40 still a lot of silt but all n all a good dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom