Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, was thinking maybe this fall...which sux, because I love the diving in the Canal. Well, heres hoping Redondo vis will be decent this weekend, got a friend and a son coming up to dive with me.
Actually, the northern parts of the canal have had quite good vis recently ... it's the south part that seems to have suffered from all the silting created by the winter floods ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We dove Hood Canal last weekend, Mike's Beach. Vis was awful 2', between 12 - 50 feet. Under that, not bad, but night dive-like conditions.

No ... I dive that part by boat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Pt. Whitney at the Shellfish lab is a good northern Hood Canal dive site. But you'll probably do better to go out with Don & Diane on Pacific Adventures.

Vis at Seacrest Park tonight was variable. Above 40 feet it was terrible ... 4 to 6 feet or so. Between 40 and 70 it wasn't bad ... 10-15. Below 70 feet it got better ... at 110 it was pretty darn good, though dark.

We scootered from Cove 2 past Cove 3 past the boat launch and around the point where Luna Park used to be. Not much to see other than a few bewildered rat fish ... but it was a nice excuse to get out on the zoom toys and blow a few bubbles ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's a lovely boat, and Don's a great skipper. I can't wait to get out there again. One of my buddies keeps promising me that there are SCHOOLS of vermilion rockfish on the pinnacle.

It's a lovely boat, and Don's a great skipper. I can't wait to get out there again. One of my buddies keeps promising me that there are SCHOOLS of vermilion rockfish on the pinnacle.

There are ... also on Pulali Point west wall ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Was up to Neah Bay over the three day weekend for some free diving. Had 20 to 30 plus vis had a great time in the kelp beds and along the shore line during high tides. Saw all the normal fish and decorator crabs. High light of the weekend two yellow nudibranches about 4 inches long in about 4 feet of water on top of some large smooth rocks about 20 feet from shore. Kept me wondering what where they going to do when the tide goes out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom