Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dove Keystone Jetty on Saturday. The vis was about 20 ft. There was a ton of life on the rocks and in the bull kelp; dogfish, ling cod, nudis, and the strangest looking sculpin (maybe?) I have ever seen. On fist glance I though it was a pufferfish.

I did a Banditos charter this morning and we dove KVI and the barges. On KVI the vis was about 30 ft and we saw tons of rockfish and lings. The vis at the barges was well over 50 ft and there was more life on this dive than I have ever seen in the PNW. On the sunken boat there is a huge Octo living under the port side. His suction cups were the size of a 1/2 dollar. On the barges we saw 4 different types of nudis, dozens of rock fish and some of the biggest ling I have ever seen.

We dove Cove 2 on Saturday, fantastic vis! I can't beleive we didn't bring a camera! It's nice to be able to see the "layout" of the site for once. Wow, the Honey Bear is almost unrecognizable. We did run across the memorial cross too. It's hard to believe it's been months since we've been diving this site.

Dove Dragon's Head and Huckleberry Wall up in the San Juans yesterday. Viz was crummy -- 2 to 3 in the first 10 feet, and never more than 10. Strong current, and we had the first buddy separation event I've had in over a year. Still had fun, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom