Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Sund Rock again Sunday the 13th. Dove N. Wall both dives. 3 Octos, the big boy out in the open. I was busy lookin under the rock, and realized there was a large white sucker right about 8" from my face...looked up into the eye of Big Daddy! A bit startling.....he sat and gave me the stink eye. I got some pics of it, but have to say in my eagerness to put a bit more space between he and I, I stirred up some silt so the pics have lots of backscatter. Anyway, also saw about 6 Wolfies, and the other usual critters. Vis wasnt great, maybe 8-10 ft. Had fun watching a pair of squid in about 13fsw......Was a great dive day.

Anyone know how Alki Cove 2 vis is doing? I was thinking about diving there with some new divers on Saturday.

I'm diving there with a new diver this evening ... I'll check in tomorrow with a vis report ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm diving there with a new diver this evening ... I'll check in tomorrow with a vis report ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Was there last night on the high tide.

It was better than it has been, still pretty scummy, but probably 5-10 feet in the shallows, less at depth-at least down by the I-Beams, but that place was a zoo in terms of divers, which probably had something to do with it.

Vis at Cove 2 tonight was easily 30 feet. The plankton's dying off ... there were "scums" of it on the surface, but not much at all below.

As I was with a new diver we didn't get below about 45 feet, but vis was just awesome down to that depth ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

On the 15th I was at Edmonds UWP. Probably around 6 feet of vis.
Just got out of the water at the Edmonds Oil Dock. I'd say over 35 feet. The particles near the surface were huge. Dead conglomerates of plankton. But they were easy to see past, and at depth it really opened up nicely.

Great vis at cove 2 today, even with a ton of classes going through i thad about 30 ft of vis most of the dive- Most of the cove I've seen all at once in a long time-

Pretty good viz at Lobster Shop Wall and Les Davis today -- probably 20 to 25 feet. A little layer of stuff in the first few feet, and a halocline at LD, but overall very nice viz. And a LOT of critters at Lobster Shop, too!

15-20 feet Pulali. Summer is starting to look pretty good.

New site for me yesterday, Microsoft, which is south of Alki Reef, we could see the bottom clearly when we tied up. At a depth of 48fsw we could clearly see the boat and entire site. It was by far one of the nicest vis days I've had, reminded me of the tropics. There's a very large GPO there that was out of his den and in no hurry to go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom