Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone been to Edmonds park lately? wondering what viz and conditions to expect

We were out at Edmonds Under Water Park on Saturday and the Vis was pretty good. My guess would be about 20 - 25 ft. You could see the bottom from the surface when we dropped down on Jetty Way.

We dove Redondo on Sunday and the vis was pretty bad for the first 20 feet but cleared up a bit when we got to depth, maybe 10 to 15 ft.

Cool. We ended up diving Harper's ferry, at low slack. First time there....max depth, 25 fsw! Vis, probably about 15'. Actually, we liked it...checked out the big boat, and the bottle field, then the logs and pier on the way back in.

Dove at Alki on sunday, at Seacrest Cove 2. Water was still pretty chilly at about 49, Viz was about 10 feet at 35 feet and about 15 at 55 feet, all in all not a bad dive. Saw a couple of nudiies, ratfish and flounder. The divemaster we were with saw an small octo in the open but by the time he got our attention it was gone.

I was at Cove 2 on Sunday too ... we splashed around 2 PM. Here's a couple pictures I took there ...

CIMG6725.jpg

CIMG6734.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sunday was a good vis day. Joe and I dove 100ft rock and had the pleasure of swimming around with one of the local sea lions. It was just a pup and curiously swam around us as we ascended up to the top of the rock. From 70 fsw I watched him as he rose up to the surface for another shot of air before he came back down and nibbled on Joe's fins. Of course the visibility wasn't 70 feet, but the sun was shining and I could watch the graceful silhouette most of the way up before I lost sight of him.

Bob, what WAS that orange and white striped thing?

Yes, Bob, curious here too....We dove Harper's Ferry again Sunday, or I should say I dove, with a couple other nice people. Bad start, right at entry, flooded my camera. Then wife sat on a rock to put her fins back on after running the camera to the vehicle, and ripped a hole in her drysuit. She figured that out at about 10 fsw...totally flooded...so the couple heading out allowed me to tag along. Vis was about 10' or so.....lots of nudis on all the lettuce down there.....turned out to be a good dive for me at least!! Too bad I forgot to unlock the vehicle before i splashed, and the key is inside my jammies....So she had to sit out and wait...wet...cold...until we got back. She was mostly dried out by then, and the nice gal at the little coffee stand had fronted her a hot cup of joe until I got back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom