VIS Report at South Whidbey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was awsome as the water flat calm and vis was 20'. Did a deep vid, from 80' up there was good lighting, but 130' to 188' dark and a zillion spoted shrimp at 161 lost commercial crab pot with huge dungies in. during dec shallows were great as vis was just gin clear and had a slack.

Happy Diving

PP WALL (south whidbey)

Another great day, DSC03879.jpgI turned camera on after depth, found another huge boulder at 171', lots a rockfish and spotted shrimp. then rockfish all the way back up.DSC03885.jpg. vis in shallows were great and 20' vis in 60'ta70'.DSC03917.jpgstill nice when I got back to the surface.DSC03969.jpg

Happy Diving

keystone jetty

half way up the island the vis about 30' ta40' today, here is jan taking picsDSC04011.jpg and a rockfish at jettyDSC04117.jpg trying to find cleaning stations in lingcod, this is my first dive of just siting around and takin it easy, as I was trying to do the same. here is is a vis shotDSC04125.jpg and here I am waiting for mouth to openDSC04106.jpg and an anemoneDSC04055.jpg and a colorful reef jetty shot.DSC04072.jpg great day up top also.

Happy Diving

PP WALL (south whidbey)

Great day on top and below, a few other divers were out here todayDSC04169.jpg as I decended, I was a little unhappy as the shallows, were not any thing to write home about. Then I went down over the wallDSC04173.jpg and as I descended the vis was better and betterDSC04213.jpg and I ran into three batches of black sea bassDSC04243.jpgor rockfish what ever you would like to call them.

Happy Diving

Vis was good at depth, 15' shallower, at 248' you could see a light green gloom when looking up to the surface, wich was surprising at 7:20 am, so Im thinkin were gonna get vis clearing soon.

Happy Diving

Today there was decent vis at 25' and below, me and a photo buddy, hit the very south end of the wall, we made are way through the rip tide down to the wall and as a drifting fisherman made his way to me he started it up right on top of my anchor, where jan was, once in the clear I went in, and forgot light and camera as I was a little chapped at the boater, for no concern of are diving. But in essence I could see great with no light at 77', beautiful dive, yet an exciting exit though. gave me some deco time from yesterdays dives.

Happy Diving

We dove the Langley tire reef yesterday, murky as aspected but got to experience our first halocline! My wife didn't realize what it was at first, thought her eyes were tripping out on her and wouldn't focus. The halocline was at about 20 feet at high tide, viz was 10-12 feet below it.

Yesterday, thought vis would be bad, 50' sun penetrated throughout, it was a tropical dive, color was shouting out loud. So of course had to do another dive.

Today was gloomy and rainy, yet I did not need a light at 161' vis was easy 40', octos were enjoying life also, funny the balds know me and my boat and wait around for me to bring em up fresh fish, like the octos when I bring them there meals.

Happy Diving

Ok I could only see a fathom in front of me, yet i had a great dive. A year ago today I was served divorce papers, yesterday I bought a camo oneil 7mm jumpsuit at the divers fair and some aqua lung boots. The suit fit great 22# of lead to start out, warm as can be, Now I was hunting so movin the whole time. I got to the ferry and did not want to hit diamond knot brewery, But I did, hit the boat and jeff was there, told him got a new suit the old scubapro shrank considerably (diamond not brewery every night) Anyways I said on other side lets go get crab, jeff reminded me its monday, I said cabezon. !/2 hour later were in the hunting grounds and slammed me a couple, good 15 pounds of meat. now good thing I know how to cook them to taste just like lobster.

The thing I learned is that diamond knot IPA does not give you a hangover after the dive. I have drank before diving many times and it almost always gave a hangover right after my dive. so I will have to increase to 5 or 6 next time and see if it turns out that is the beer of choice before diving.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom