VIS Report at South Whidbey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well after st pats happy hour I had a few hours sleep then up most of night then 50 min doze and then all was calm no rain and same vis as yesterday 20 to 25'.

The amazing thing today was seeing a school of baby lingcod, they kept going faster and deeper to get away from me, they were 1 to 1.5" long. I am no longer carrying a cam or vid, it would be cool to have them but I really do not look at any thing I have more than once or twice.

the octos, seals, and puget sound dolphins is what I call them were very abundant this am at daylight as the storm as now calm after many days.

Up to 4' seas yesterday, sun was out and vis 40 to 50' at 80' at a high tide.

great dive, today looks promising and its decided dive two different dive sites today.

vis was great again today and had a great time playing with all my sea life buddy's, also found a huge slug the size of a moonsnail.

---------- Post added March 22nd, 2012 at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was March 21st, 2012 at 06:55 PM ----------

vis was 40' at 150' and could see outline a 100'. day was cooler, medium seas, and had a current cruise to boot. dove a low tide.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Not sure how the above happen but it did, for today's vis report.

The bloom has hit, dark and bad till past 20' then opens up. great dive though.

Vis today was improved from cloudy days, sun was bright today, vis was maybe 20' or so and better at depth, and shallows were good 50'. nice to see it clear up a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom