VIS Report at South Whidbey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well on friday I went for the first buddy dive with a guy I get in the water with, as I did not bring camera I went and showed him all the things I send him vids of in email, we had a great dive as vis was an easy 70', as he would take photos I would go to the next, and he just had to go from point to point, at the end in a shallow reef area I was showing him something and a seal came down for a few spins around us.

The funny thing That came to me Is usually we talked about the dive and what we saw, but while donning gear and putting away we did not have much to talk about, cause we both seen the same thing.

Saying that solo diving has its own presence that can never be achieved with a buddy, I also did like not shooting vid.

Every few years I buy a new cam, last year it was the go pro on speargun. Yet I just like to go dive and play with the sea life.

Vis is back down to 20 to 30' in the past few days, the water has went back a bit colder but I am still diving in wet suit and glad to be back in it, also no pics as I will probably drop the camera for a long time again and just enjoy the dive, as I really do not need to show it I have many dvds that I made before I lost everything on computer. This also means I will have a heck of amount of time to put more bottom time in.

A wonderful day and vis was 30 to 40' seen lots a stuff and all the friendly critters.

Gearing up herd a big kaboom then a mushroom cloud went up, several minutes later smoke rose, in the lynwood area.

Vis was 25' at low tide around noon today, another diving duck down under.

Well Gdog yesterday it was back to 30' for the most part, and more the deeper.

I had a few days off from a sore throat and stuffy, nothing a 1/2 bottle of nyquil could not handle before a few hours of sleep.

So today vis was easy 45', I was in 16' of water, in sand. My friend had to be to church at 9 am, and he help me go move my mooring to a new spot, it was only a hundred feet away. put a open bag on chain, and closed bag on steel anchor of about 100# the closed bag was a 250 and pulled it out of sand and with 5' seas it was bobbing pretty good. I pulled it in reverse and also tested out fill boat with water, it did not even sink that much, I pulled plug for self bailing and with the waves it pretty much emptied out.

Dove wet, the water was warm for some reason and the way back to launch we did not even get cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom