Virginian diver dead at 190 feet - Roaring River State Park, Missouri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMx 12/60 as suit gas for deeper dives like Eagle’s Nest will get you pretty chilly. So use sort of a modified “Brett Hemphill” DS bottle setup for those dives.

Set up is : a bolt snap on a short bungee a couples of inches up from the bottom of the bottle & a bolt snap on a loose loop around the neck. DS bottle is quickly attached after the Winder is donned and before the bailout (BO) bottle is attached. Bolt snap at base of bottle is attached to chest D-ring and bottle is thrown over the Winder cannister and bolt snap around the bottle neck is attached to either waist or drop D-ring. The neck loop can be loose as the DS bottle will settle in and sit snug between the canister and the BO bottle one BO bottle is attached.

BO bottle for deep Trimix dives would be a lp85 or 95 and the DS bottle would fit more snuggly between the canister and BO bottle. Just used a lp50 to show the basic setup

Attachments

• 48D3FF7B-7D5B-4408-A63B-3A8D603C55E2.png
    48D3FF7B-7D5B-4408-A63B-3A8D603C55E2.png
    551.8 KB · Views: 105
  • B97F8543-8F8D-4CA9-A7CD-8AB76AF12884.png
    B97F8543-8F8D-4CA9-A7CD-8AB76AF12884.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 95
@DOBY
I’m not a Sidewinder diver, but that inflation bottle setup is very clean and streamlined. Doesn’t seem like it would add any drag either in the water. Thanks for sharing!

We have been compiling all of the data from the incident and recovery operation. As soon as we have the reports from the State Troopers, and the family has a chance to review it we will make it public. Please be patient everyone on the team feels it is important to make sure the community has an accurate detailed account of the incident.

Now that the report has been given to the newspaper. Any idea when the report will be released to the public?

I would be surprised if he knew he was taking 26% as his dil. There had to be a testing or labeling mistake in there for it to make sense to me. An air fill I could get, unwise as it would be, but 26% to 190' is playing Russian roulette.

Now that the report has been given to the newspaper. Any idea when the report will be released to the public?
The newspaper report reads like the outcome of a FOIA request, so you could go about it that way. Otherwise, there have been mutterings that the NSSCDS one will be available in the next week or so.

The newspaper report reads like the outcome of a FOIA request, so you could go about it that way. Otherwise, there have been mutterings that the NSSCDS one will be available in the next week or so.

I would be very disappointed if one has to go that route to get a report, when a member of the team promised a report would be released.

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the narrative style of the Accident Committees reports. I think it would be better formatted if they did a purely factual data collection as the header similar to the older IUCRR reports or NTSB reports. Before delving into the narrative style.

That linked worked for me, though it's the mobile version. Taking the "m." off the front makes it a lot easier to read on my computer. But I digress...

The link takes me to a FB post that is about Gus' near miss (not Eric's accident). There is a comment on that post from Mike Young. But, all of the ensuing discussion is not clear at all to me who is talking about what.

So, does anyone definitively know why Eric was carrying a cylinder of EAN26?

So, does anyone definitively know why Eric was carrying a cylinder of EAN26?
Hubris or error; what else is there?

The link takes me to a FB post that is about Gus' near miss (not Eric's accident). There is a comment on that post from Mike Young. But, all of the ensuing discussion is not clear at all to me who is talking about what.

He is talking about Gus, but it gives you an idea of their SOP, they carry what is basically one BO/dil and another that is deco/suit gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom