Bozeman diver drowns attempting vehicle recovery - Montana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still don't see much value in the wreck after being submerged, but if the diver had free time and skills with motors, I guess it might have been an appealing gamble.

@Tracy pointed out the big money, or rather, avoiding that big money. There is value in the engine and other parts as it is in fresh water and will not cause the damage a long soak in salt water will do.

This sort of thing always seems to be amateur hour.

It's not the amateur part that that is the issue, as I have retrieved a number of large objects including several vehicles and never had an issue, which is why you have not read about me in this forum. It's a matter of planning and execution, not whether one is an amateur or professional.

It's not the amateur part that that is the issue, as I have retrieved a number of large objects including several vehicles and never had an issue, which is why you have not read about me in this forum. It's a matter of planning and execution, not whether one is an amateur or professional.

Lack of planning is what I meant by amateur hour.

I wouldn't wager much on that observation, idiocy is a universal trait, common throughout the world and pretty evenly distributed, from Dixie's "Hey y'all, watch this...", to NYC's "Youze guys gotta see...", idiots inhabit our society at every level. Sad way to end your life nonetheless.
I do not intend to insult the poor deceased with my remarks, only his decisions. Surviving Montana winters has to give a person a feeling of ability tho. I won't even dive Cozumel without my pony and PLB. I have survived too many idiotic actions of my own.
I have billed Chrysler's Jeep plant in Toledo a very hefty hourly wage to locate and recover a new jeep that went airborne and landed in the river.
Thanks, but you have to briefly explain how the jeep went airborne.

Probably something like this......

I do not intend to insult the poor deceased with my remarks, only his decisions. Surviving Montana winters has to give a person a feeling of ability tho. I won't even dive Cozumel without my pony and PLB. I have survived too many idiotic actions of my own.

Drunk lot drivers drag racing new jeeps off the assembly line went over a berm. I was allowed to review the security cam footage to guess where the jeep would be. It cleared the trees along the river. The driver woke up in the hospital unemployed. They also fired the other two drunks that were racing him.

Drunk lot drivers drag racing new jeeps off the assembly line went over a berm. I was allowed to review the security cam footage to guess where the jeep would be. It cleared the trees along the river. The driver woke up in the hospital unemployed. They also fired the other two drunks that were racing him.
This might explain a few things about my Jeep :confused:

Nope, unfortunately our union got the one guy back and he is at our plant in Warren. I heard of an incident where a wrangler was lost, but I didn't know they drove it in the Maumee River. That had to be a fun mud dive.

I got my fill of pulling Fords out of the Rouge River during joint practices with Wayne and Macomb Counties.

Nope, unfortunately our union got the one guy back and he is at our plant in Warren. I heard of an incident where a wrangler was lost, but I didn't know they drove it in the Maumee River. That had to be a fun mud dive.

I got my fill of pulling Fords out of the Rouge River during joint practices with Wayne and Macomb Counties.
It was a very cold zero vis mud dive doing circle line searches in a river full of trees.
I earned my pay that day.
If you are familiar with the plant. They came out of the line, went over the bridge at full throttle. Two of them locked the brakes coming down the hill and made the left. The third guy was airborne off the top of the bridge and I would guess he hit the embankment at 50mph. It was straight up dukes of hazzard style, that thing went really really high off the embankment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom