Virginia killings Moderation decisions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NWGratefulDiver:
Fair enough ... I didn't see what got deleted. I have yet, however, to see a thread that degenerates into politics remain civil and friendly ...

oh, i've seen quite a few lately

some under the Mod's radar :wink:

ONESPEED:
Thank you Tolstoy, sheesh.:shakehead
Glad you enjoyed it. :wink:

Bashing each other is so obvious that just a few posts crossed that line. The real issue came at bashing nationalities (not just American) and some fairly obvious anti-religious drivel as well. I was checking profiles to see if Imus had somehow slipped in. Bigotry of any sort just won't be tolerated here.

It's hard to judge what you don't see and way easy to arm chair quarterback when you are not having the entire defensive line trying to take your head off. Posts were reported by users so this wasn't a mod vendetta to spoil your fun. But as with any decision made in the heat of battle, there will be a number of people who have criticisms of it. Some are valid and some are sophomoric. We try to evaluate ALL of them and learn.

I will tell you this: I am PROUD of the way the Mod Squad conducted themselves during this episode. Very cooperative and very professional. Loose ends were quickly identified and tied off. While the actions were offensive to some, they freed the thread from the hijackers and it is on a far nicer course. Semper lepidus!

JimLap:
I would like to see Don on here if he decides to take up diving. As well as Rush, Sean, Glen, and Michael Savage.
Jim DM # 231943
Conservative # 1 1/2
Not me ... in fact, I think we should pre-emptively ban them just in case ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NetDoc:
I will tell you this: I am PROUD of the way the Mod Squad conducted themselves during this episode. Very cooperative and very professional. Loose ends were quickly identified and tied off. While the actions were offensive to some, they freed the thread from the hijackers and it is on a far nicer course. Semper lepidus!

as i am. i think you guys did a terrific job

Pete, did you see my thoughts on the "letter" of the TOS v. the "spirit" of the TOS?

here it is again just in case. just my thoughts, as a suggestion. maybe something to think about:

H2Andy:
ok, two things

first, i am glad to see the Moderating team tyring so hard to keep threads open even when political discussions keep popping up. Kudos for that. thank you for taking the time to clean up threads and re-open them again.

as i see it, the Mods are trying to let us discuss some "borderline" issues whithout getting too far afield

again, thank you. that is very much appreciated.

and now (MB, i won't dissapoint you) the other side of the road:

the TOS is in place to keep discussions friendly and ScubaBoard a good place to hang out. if a discussion is friendly and getting people interested, then the goals of the TOS are bing accomplished.

the subject of that thread ought not to matter.

if a thread is friendly, civil, even if heated, and promoting good discussion, the goals of the TOS have been accomplished.

it makes no sense to kill such a thread to uphold the letter of the TOS when the spirit of the TOS has already been accomplished.

what does this mean?

threads should be judged on friendliness and civility, not on content.

not anymore. ScubaBoard has matured. we don't need the strict TOS guideliness enforced.

one more time:

the goal of the TOS is to keep things civil and friendly. if a thread is civil and friendly, the goal of the TOS has been accomplished, no matter the subject of the thread.

leave that thread alone

H2Andy:
as i am. i think you guys did a terrific job
Well you would wouldn't you? You were protected from being asked to face certain facts that are undeniably part of the root cause of the incident.

That's passive politics right there....

It doesn't matter WHAT people do - it can always be called politics - it always reflects their bias. There's no Solomon around here.

I do agree with you about the civility. I didn't see anyone really cross that line. Even the race comments were a lot less than some stuff I've seen allowed to stand after moderator review in some of the whaling threads.

Mostly a bunch of stuff got pulled purely for pointing out that someone like this could get a gun so easily. If people can't see the problem there then whatever......

That's not politics though. Posts were pulled simply because all kinds of other stuff was read into spelling that out.

I like whale meat :)

jhbryaniv:
I like whale meat :)
I don't. Had it once without realizing what it was. It's greasy and fatty. I didn't like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom