Virginia killings Moderation decisions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim:
I don't. Had it once without realizing what it was. It's greasy and fatty. I didn't like it at all.

It is almost as good as shark fin soap. . .

jhbryaniv:
Well that I wouldn't know. I've never been to a Chinese wedding.

Kim:
Well you would wouldn't you? You were protected from being asked to face certain facts that are undeniably part of the root cause of the incident.

you must not think very highly of me

i was happy to face those facts and respond accordingly, without resorting to personal attacks or comments

that is the base of civilized discourse

jhbryaniv:

do you mean soup?

please don't tell my wife they make shark soap ... she'll freak out and throw out all her asian soaps

H2Andy:
you must not think very highly of me

i was happy to face those facts and respond accordingly, without resorting to personal attacks or comments

that is the base of civilized discourse
No, I don't think bad of you. You were responding (although you did tell several of us it was all none of our business! :eyebrow: )

Anyway....I meant more that it was done for you...not by you. I'm not saying you sought the protection yourself.

I'm not quite sure what the religious stuff was supposed to be though. Maybe I missed part of it.

Kim:
although you did tell several of us it was all none of our business! :eyebrow:

well, i guess i did

but let me rephrase that

what i meant was that without being a member of this culture, you simply dont' understand the place of guns in America's life

they are like our samurai sword and cricket bat rolled into one

you may not like it, but that's the way it is

H2Andy:
well, i guess i did

but let me rephrase that

what i meant was that without being a member of this culture, you simply dont' understand the place of guns in America's life

they are like our samurai sword and cricket bat rolled into one

you may not like it, but that's the way it is
It's OK Andy......I probably get it a lot better than you realize.

Actually....you need a license to have a real sword in Japan, just like a gun. (and I've never heard of a cricket bat being used in a mass killing - if it ever was, you'd probably need a license for one of them too!)

Kim:
Actually....you need a licence to have a real sword in Japan, just like a gun.

in most states, you can own a gun but not carry it concealed without a license

(for example, in Florida)

i understand Arizona and Vermont (and perhaps a few others) don't require a license to carry a concealed weapon

Kim:
Actually....you need a license to have a real sword in Japan, just like a gun.
There doesn't seem to be any formal procedure (not in my case anyway). I paid my money, I got my sword and documentation...no checks or forms to fill out...

H2Andy:
in most states, you can own a gun but not carry it concealed without a license

(for example, in Florida)

i understand Arizona and Vermont (and perhaps a few others) don't require a license to carry a concealed weapon
Well whatever. They don't want discussion of American gun laws on the board so let's just leave it.

If you guys want to allow this sort of thing to happen time after time you're actually right...

It's got nothing to do with me.

jagfish:
There doesn't seem to be any formal procedure (not in my case anyway). I paid my money, I got my sword and documentation...no checks or forms to fill out...
Yes, I remember you told me that once before - I was surprised. Kaori took me to meet someone once who had a few swords. He showed me his permit to own them. According to him you had to be part of a school and apply at some office. But you were part of a school weren't you? Maybe that had something to do with it..I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom