Virginia killings Moderation decisions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck is a dittohead? I never heard that term before. It''s political? Geeze, I thought I could just feel stupid listening to my teen use slang I never heard before. And to think, I once was cool.:(

fairybasslet:
What the heck is a dittohead? I never heard that term before. It''s political? Geeze, I thought I could just feel stupid listening to my teen use slang I never heard before. And to think, I once was cool.:(

You do know what a ditto machine does right. . .

jhbryaniv:
You do know what a ditto machine does right. . .
I just looked it up on Wikipedia. No wonder I never heard it before. TG for small miracles. :rofl3:

The term has much broader meaning than the wikipedia definition ... basically it implies someone who holds rigidly to a belief system without questioning why, or allowing others to do so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The other problem I see is identifying mentally unstable people, much less treating them, will more than likely require an invasion of privacy and loss of civil liberties that I personally am not willing to put up with.

We are already in a bad spot on that mental health issue. I would never go if I was having problems because it goes into a computerised medical record and I am not willing to have the government throwing around/ using personal information about me.

Anbody with a "sensitive" job... something like air traffic control, surgeon, ..all sorts of occupations really already would never let that be documented. Now, when I go to the doctor, I make sure I know what they are making notes about as certain medical diagnoses flag you forever from insurance standpoints. You would not want to say anything about being depressed and have it in your employment record. People suffering from PTSD/ difficulties also avoid any therapy for these same reasons.

yah, it is our form of mind control over the misinformed :D

morning dittoheads :coffee:

The term dittohead, as used by the person that uttered it, was meant as a perjorative remark of the Right of Center fans of Rush Limbaugh. This poster further states, by inreference, that they are not enlightened, as his gosslings on the Left are:), and are rigidly fixed on one idea, which is to stop others from free thought. :) This poster fails to see the rigidity of his postion and the tolerance of the dittoheads, as compared to the Al Frankenheads.

catherine96821:
shhhhhhhhhh.

geez
:rofl3:
but he is right

But we need to thank the mods by trying to be good.

I tried to change the subject....

but no, ya'll need Ritalin or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom