Vintage Question: Any Idea What This Thing Is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WB2GLP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I picked this up in a lot of vintage gear the other day. My best guess is that it's something to do with spear fishing. Have any of you vintage guys or gals seen one of these before? I tried doing a patent search based on the number along the side, but no luck.

JP070914.jpgJP070915.jpgJP070916.jpg

Cool little marker float.

I think those were lighted...? Is there a AA battery compartment on top?

I cannot remember if the top comes off and floats by itself, or if you were supposed to remove it from your belt first before pulling the metal pin.

Cool find.

Thanks awap! Pretty cool. Do you know if this was originally sold as a toy or as a usable piece of gear?

Found this add in an English mag dated 1972 , Tillbrook were importers of GSD Italy Bought my Marker in 1970 in a junk shop.img824.jpgGSD.JPGGSD MARKER.JPGGSD MARKER.JPGGSD MARKER.JPGGSD MARKER.JPG

So, it's real gear and not a pool toy. That's great. The next question is what the heck am I going to do with it? LOL

I found my King Athletic Goods catalog with the man on the cover. Also the page with your maker. They sold King Neptune and GSD products. I don't know if Lloyd was part owner or not. But it's a cool catalog. I used to have one of thoses markers in the box but sold it. They were on ebay quite often years back. You could get one in the box for around $25. I haven't seen one in quite sometime now.

Nice pictures, Mike. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

GSD, what memories that brings. My favorite mask of all times was a GSD Esmeralda. And who can forget their Spinnaker regulator, made famous by Nick Nolte in The Deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom