Vintage Question: Any Idea What This Thing Is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked it out. I wouldn't call it world class. I wasn't to impressed. I imgaine a lot of people have a collection like that. Even Rob's is close. Jerry has just as much. I had much more before. I am letting the run of the mill stuff go.I go for quality not quanity anyway.

The website is not up to date and there is much more to the collection. It is a museum and the public can visit and see some of the variety of regulators and equipment from around the world. I can't say what others have or had, but I have worked hard to gather common and rare items to preserve and share with others.

I'm sure you have. You have a lot of regs. I wasn't knocking it. I don't impress easy that's all. I have friends that have some awesome collections. Like Leon Lyons.I know you saw is. Nick Icorn Has a million things also.

Leon Lyons has an unbelievable collection and I have seen some of Nick Icorn's collection. My collection is minor compared to them. I have only been putting the collection together for less than 10 years with very limited funds. They have a few decades on me!

And you are willing to share your collection with us who are divers and not just collectors. Some of these items in "collector's" vaults will never be seen until the survivors "throw-out Dad's old junk." Some collectors are even paranoid to allow photos to be shared.

Karl I just didn't agree with Sam that it is world class that's all.You do have cool items. Hey allan no problem. Just pay and set up a web site for me. I'll show all the pics you want. You crack me up. How many Vintage collectors are there? Maybe a hundred or a few hundred. How many scuba museum type web sites are there a dozen or so. Collectors collect for themselves. It brings them some joy I guess. I guess if they don't share there collection with the rest of the world they are bad guys. Where is you web site? As far as real divers go. I am more real than some jokers that dive 40 ' in quarries only. Come diving with me sometime. I go 400' on wrecks. Yeah trimix pal.

Last edited:
and speaking of Leon Lyons ... Mike, thanks a lot for your tip ... I have got some rare DHRs!!! :wink:

Yes I heard. Your welcome. I have a rare item I will show some pics of next week. A rare one of a kind mask?

Back
Top Bottom