Vintage DIY.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel I could adjust the HPR to decrease breathing resistance even more but I want to dive it first, then I may play with it. As it stands it breathes very easy now.
With the method you used to tune it, I would expect there isn't much room to reduce cracking pressure without it free flowing at low tank pressures... Just my guess though, worth what you paid for it!

And if you're interested, here is what it looks like if you don't get the first stage gasket centered when you torque it down.
Well, that there is your problem! lol... I may have seen that before....

Respectfully,

James

With the method you used to tune it, I would expect there isn't much room to reduce cracking pressure without it free flowing at low tank pressures... Just my guess though, worth what you paid for it!

Respectfully,

James
James, thanks

Respectfully,

James

So easy to pinch that gasket. Hopefully I won't make that mistake again. The difference in tightening it when it's lined up and when it's not was very noticeable. When it was right it just stopped hard. When it's in wrong it's mushy and just keeps tightening down. Glad I know what to look for now.

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom