Video Editing Systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5 Pro editing softwarewith Break out box for composite video and audio in and out. I did use Studeo 8 until last year when I upgraded. Currently only have an analog hi8mm camcorder but hopefully that will change in the future. (Would really like to get a Sony VX2000 or 2100). Want to do U/W videoing but the housings cost TOO much!! Jeff[/QUOTE:
whats the benefits of liquid over studio 8, im running studio 8 right now and pinnacle keep sending me blurb about 9 being out.

When it works i find studio really easy to use but had some conflict problems with 7 and presently the patch for 8 just screws up the programme so i use the standard 8 as it comes out of the box and ignore the upgrades

whats the benefits of liquid over studio 8, im running studio 8 right now and pinnacle keep sending me blurb about 9 being out.

When it works i find studio really easy to use but had some conflict problems with 7 and presently the patch for 8 just screws up the programme so i use the standard 8 as it comes out of the box and ignore the upgrades
I started using Studio 9 and had all kinds of system freezes, usually while jumping back and forth between capture and edit windows. Upgraded to 9.1 (free) and all my problems have disappeared. Now they're sending me info about the 9 Plus version with some fancy new features like chromakeying, picture-in-picture etc. but I'm reluctant to upgrade from what I have since it works now.

AevnsGrandpa Want to do U/W videoing but the housings cost TOO much!! Jeff[/QUOTE:
If you're at all handy, consider building a housing. Here's a shot of mine. There's info on how in the DIY forum and visit Padipro's web site.

The mini Dawg system seems to be a good deal (without lights), and it holds all manner of small body video cameras. I think it goes for 6 or 7 hundred bucks, and allows lots of control, including photos. Has an optional data back for easy viewing.

Will probably be a future purchase for me...

1.53 GHz processor with Windows XP Pro
512 ram
two 60 gb 7200 HD’s RAID 0
128mb video card
DVD Burner
firewire
19" Sony Flat screen
etc etc
As sjspeck knows ....looking to get it to work right :eek5: and for software !!!

Sony mini DV camcorder

I used to work on many NLE's when I was an editor / animator ranging from uncompressed 601 editors to ultra-powerful Intergraph animation workstations with multi-processor render farms. Last year at home I owned and loved a Matrox X.100 system.
P4 2.53
1GB Ram
3X 120GB HD (in swapable trays)
DVD+-R
Adobe Premiere
Encore

Right now, I'm sitting in a 6-10 million dollar TV truck connected to 5 other TV trucks worth total probably 20-30 million dollars. Talk about an editing system- I have over 30 tape machines, 2 serial digital video switchers, 10 channels of DVEOUS DVE, 4 channels of Deko graphics, 26 cameras, over 120,000 feet of triax cable.

Future purchases:
Sony FX-1 HDV camera

Possible editing systems:
Premiere with dual processor P4
or Dual apple with FCP HD

2x Mac 2 GHz Dual Processor, 2GB of Ram, 2 x 250GB HD, 250 GB FW800 drive
17 inch studio display, 21 cinema display
Final Cut Pro HD, Motion, DVD Studio Pro, iMove, IDVD, iPhoto

Originally started out with a G3 and iMovie, was blown away by the capabilities of my new system.

I use my mini dv cam as my deck...

Albion,

I made the switch to Liquid Edition for a number of reasons.

Mainly I wanted the ability to have more than one true video track so I can do layers and other effects such as chromakeying. Also I wanted to be able to have a real time live video output so I didn't always have to wait for things to render before I outputed to a VHS tape. I went with the PRO option because this gave me the real time video output. If you don't nede that you still can get real time effect preview on the computer but the DV firewire output have to be rendered before you can output it.

There is a good learning curve but there are some great tutorials out there. One that ships with LE when you get it from Video Guys (They had a rebate going a while back if you upgraded and I got the pro system, $999 retial, for $499) is from a company in Canada called Adita.com, I have bought others directly from them and that greatly helped not having to read through the 1000+ page manual.

Over all from the additional real time effects and multiple tracks you can have it was worth it to me. Pinnacle has a web board for LE also.

Note that I still use Studio for things since LE doesn't have Smart Sounds and ther are a few features I still like better in Sudio, but I figured out a long time ago I will never find ONE product that does everything I want so I get used to using a variety.

If you have any more questions please email me at

iamabeliever@netzero.net

Jeff

jagfish:
The mini Dawg system seems to be a good deal (without lights), and it holds all manner of small body video cameras. I think it goes for 6 or 7 hundred bucks, and allows lots of control, including photos. Has an optional data back for easy viewing.

Will probably be a future purchase for me...

Do you have a web link to the mini dawg system?

Back
Top Bottom