Venice Beach Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have conned my mom into going as well. So add another to the list.

What food or drinks should we bring?

Hey Walter,

I think my wife and I missed you last Saturday. We met Reefguy, who mentioned that you were around, but I never did run across anyone that looked like your picture.

Hopefully we will get a chance to meet you on the 9th!

Correction! Reefguy said might have been around. :)

My daughter, Kristin will be there, and she can watch your 7 year old. She is 13 and very responsible. My S/O will be there also. She -my daughter- will be thrilled to treasure hunt with your munchkin on the beach.

Maybe someone who knows the area can recommend a hotel and we can book rooms together and get a better rate?

Wendy this is a fantastic get together you go going. I'll have my wife and 10 yoa son both non-divers. Wife and son can help watch over other youngsters also.

Kurt I grew up in Venice and still live near by. I will check out the room situation. I know that north of the beach towards the Venice Inlet was a Best Western motel. It's right on the beach and do not know the prices but they are not in season right now and may be offering good deals. At the I-75 exit (they have changed the numbers and it used to be number 35)<new exit 193> It's also Jacaranda Blvd. I believe there are hotels as well. I will check into this and post something back.

There is also a Best Western on U.S. 41 Bypass. You will cross over the Bypass as you travel down Venice Ave. on your way to the beach and it is only about 1/4 mile north. This may be you best bet, it's closer to restaurants and not on the Island itself so prices may be better.

So add 3 to list myself and two non-divers.

Wildbill:D :D

Pat and I were just talking about finding a room for a couple of nights. So if someone comes up with a reasonable spot we're in for a room.

Don

Its hard keeping up with this list of attendees. If everyone stays at the same hotel we can move the beach party from the beach to the hotel pool in the evening. I may just have to crash down there on Saturday night as well, so if anyone is looking for a roomie to split a room with let me know.

Walter
Wendy + 4 non-divers (maybe)
NetDoc + The Scuba Ducks
Kurt + 2 non-divers
Harley Diver + Renee
Amber + Amber's Mom
MikeJacobs + Marvel
Knavey + Mrs Knavey (both maybe)
Scuba_Jenny + 1 non-diving kiddo
Seadog (Don & Pat)
Kjunheart + Brain (is he coming too)
Aguadog + 1 non-diving SO
Wildbill + 2 non-divers
Reefguy + 5 non-divers (you are bringing your family right)

I'm thinking that we may run into a parking lot logistic nightmare. It didn't look like enough room for all our cars. Walter any suggestions? All I can think of is those staying at the hotel can maybe carpool to the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom