Venice Beach Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
My non diving kid is 7. I am trying to set up an over night trip with some other non diving friends to hang on the beach with all the other non divers.
If the plans fall through, does anybody know of somebody who can look after my daughter while I am diving?

Like Walter, said we can dive in shifts. I was planning on doing some beach time myself and I love kids, so I can watch yours while you dive if we aren't diving at the same time.

Kjunheart: I'm glad that you are coming on the trip!

OK so count me in! Scuba_Jenny...since they are doing beach dives, I can help out watching your daughter!

Finally I'll be able to meet everyone!

Like Walter, said we can dive in shifts.
I was going to wear my swim trunks and my flamingo hat. Where am I goint to pick up a "shift"??? :tease: (And yes, Harley did ask for more puns... sorta makes this o-pun season, ifn ya gets my "drift")

Fossil Collecting tips and rules...

1) Walter does not count! He is still alive, so make sure you throw him back!

Are there any others you might want to share?

Thanks for the offers to watch kids. I have no problem jumping in and watching on my "beach shift." Anybody else have kids?
Now, what about accomdations in the area?
Note that I have my priorities in order, kid sitter then a place to put my head! LOL
Any motels you can recommend? Inexpensive is best unless I win the lottery by then..........:D

Not true! I always count the shark teeth I find, sometimes I lose count, but I always count.

Bring a fine mesh bag to hold your fossils. A standard catch bag does have a fine enough weave to hold the smaller fossils. A sock will work in a pinch (avoid black).

Bring a buddy line, I'll have extras. I'll bring enough for everyone who doesn't have one IF I know how many to bring.

Bring a couple of jugs of water to rinsing sand off feet (a good plan for any beach visit) before getting in your car after the party.

A mat is handy for keeping sand off dive gear.

Empty plastic containers (like cottage cheese come in) are handy for protecting fragile finds as well as for transport of your loot.

If anyone's interested, I can give a briefing before the dive, so you'll know what to expect.

Sabina does dive in shifts. Very cute. Pete, it just wouldn't be the same on you.

Wow, can I plan a party or what! This list is growing everyday and we still have a month to go.

So far going:

Walter
Wendy + 4 non-divers (maybe)
NetDoc + The Scuba Ducks
Kurt + 2 non-divers
Harley Diver + Renee
Amber
MikeJacobs + (how many?)
Knavey + Mrs Knavey (both maybe)
Scuba_Jenny + 1 non-diving kiddo
Seadog (Don & Pat)
Kjunheart + Brain (is he coming too)