Venice Beach Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My eyes are still recovering from scrolling down and seeing...
NetDoc once bubbled...
The Scuba Ducks!
Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it.

I've got a tentative move-in date set for that day. Hope you all have fun!

Count me in! :D My mom said she would drop me off.

I know where Venice is, but where in Venice is it?

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
Put us down for two buckets of frozen margaritas & enough salt.

Now I just gotta figure out how to keep it frozen!

At the Buffett concert I made frozen margaritas the night before and put them in pitchers and then stuck them in the freezer over night. The day of the concert I put them in a cooler full of ice, they stayed frozen (slushy) all day.

I haven't had alcohol for over 2 months now, but I may have to indulge in at least one margarita. :D

Directions
Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo.

So far going:

Walter
Wendy + 4 non-divers (maybe)
NetDoc + The Scuba Ducks
Kurt + 2 non-divers
Harley Diver + Renee
Amber
MikeJacobs + (how many?)
Knavey + Mrs Knavey (both maybe)
Scuba_Jenny + 1 non-diving kiddo (how old?)

This is looking like a scubaboard beach invasion! We are going to have so much fun, I can't wait!!!

My non diving kid is 7. I am trying to set up an over night trip with some other non diving friends to hang on the beach with all the other non divers.
If the plans fall through, does anybody know of somebody who can look after my daughter while I am diving?

This sounds like a lot of fun to me. :D Just because this prego can't dive doesn't mean I can't either snorkel or lounge on the beach! I'll check with Brian to see if he is up for a road trip & a dive.

Any idea of $$ for the dives & possibly what the cost for a bubble watcher :( would be?

Sandy

PS Any idea how far is Venice from Port Charlotte?

Sandy,

You can find fossils in the surf without diving.

These are beach dives, so the cost of the dives is the cost of the fills. Bubble watchers are free.

Venice is about a 30 minute drive from Port Charlotte.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom