Venice Aug 10th - to go or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water looks a bit better than it did on Saturday, at least it's blue.

ReefGuy:
Water looks a bit better than it did on Saturday, at least it's blue.

Yep. BTW, there was another brave soul towing a float when I went to look at about 10am Saturday morning. So we could be getting some more informed reporting on conditions below. Being mostly a coast watcher I just know them as "Tampa van with USPA sticker" and "yellow kayak guy."

:14:

Mr. Tampa Van is an older guy with a beard, right?

Is yellow kayak guy the the guy with the brownie?

ReefGuy:
Mr. Tampa Van is an older guy with a beard, right?

Is yellow kayak guy the the guy with the brownie?

Well, I dunno. I'm also an older guy with a partial beard; and I think maybe I am the guy with the brownie :D

I pull the tan kayak on about half my dives, with the air bottle topside baking in the sun and a brownie 60 ft second stage hose. The chap with the yellow kayak is there often, but I've never met 'em or noticed a hookah on the boat.

Just got my new BP/W, so in future I guess the hookah is just going to be for the occasional tandem dive, or those 3 extra hours of bottom time...

Aah. Ok, then we have met, in a way. I've run across you underwater :)

hrmm... did I see you? (Did I have my finger in my nose...:wink:

I can't believe how often I run across people, some of whom have never looked up...

Yes, I believe that you saw me first. In fact, you kind of startled me.

My motto: "Making People Nervous Since 1951."

Sorry. You must not have shown it. I did get reflex air out of one poor lady about a month ago. Apologies to both of you. It's the ears, isn't it?

lol. ears.

Actually, I like to think that even while I'm looking for teeth, that I'm aware of what's going around me. It's depressing on how often it's not the case, though.

I've come across lots of people underwater, and only about half see me. It's funny how often I pick up teeth right behind them.

On the same dive I think I saw you, there was another guy that was diving in a t-shirt, solo. I picked up three teeth right under his fins. He never saw me.

I think I recognize some of the posts based on time frame.

I drive a white Jeep Grand Cherokee, and often dive with my son. I recognize the yellow kayak, and have spoken with that gentleman. Anyone recognize me/us based on the fact that 75% of Florida seems to drive a white Grand Cherokee? Ah, but... how many have the AOPA stickers...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom