Venice Aug 10th - to go or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:bubble_fi Eat no smell so good right now :bubble_fi West winds must be digging in, we can always tell this time of year :bubble_fi After tomorrow :death2:, I'll probably just issue :icon4: clear clean water alerts...

:coffee: Friday morning...looks better than Thursday evening, but...I cannot tell if the bloom is 100 yards or 10,000 yards from the beach, north south or otherwise. The winds are becalmed and judging by the public reports, we're in for at least a few weeks of hit and miss, mostly hit in the short term as the bloom creeps north and the week ahead holds a westerly wind pattern.

I'd say come and see on Saturday. If it sucks, it sucks...and I'm buying the biscuits and gravy.

Now organizing right coast carpooling for dive Jones...what's the coolest easy beach over there to start with? In the weeks and months ahead; I can take two or three with gear, departing Venice with pickups on the way over. Free transportation to good company...

IMGP3838.jpg

IMGP3840.jpg

I've dove Commercial blvd with scuba Jenny, and that's a nice dive. Let me know when you're headed over, I'd be interested as well.

FYI - Although we tried to avoid swimming in the red tide - we found ourselves having to go through it at the end of our first dive. The only side effect we noticed was a light burning sensation on our lips. Besides that, no other ill effects. Though I do not plan on swimming in it again.

UB:
FYI - Although we tried to avoid swimming in the red tide - we found ourselves having to go through it at the end of our first dive. The only side effect we noticed was a light burning sensation on our lips. Besides that, no other ill effects. Though I do not plan on swimming in it again.

And I'm with you. I cannot imagine this stuff holds any curative power for human beings.

I'd be interested in an east coast car pool as well. Although it looks like this weekend is out for me. I've got a decent sized truck for equipment and people.

Monday moanin'

There's still a rotten line in the sand, but this morning has at least one intrepid explorer. Just goes to show...from one tide to the next, one wind shift to the next, you never know what you're gonna get...

IMGP3855.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom