VDH Wing Choice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all for your replies. As far as lift goes I think the 32 to 35 is a better choice for only owning a single Wing. That's the direction I'll be going.

Sounds great and thinking ahead makes for a great diver

Hello all.

I'm slowly updating gear and I'm looking at a VDH wing (when they come back in stock). I'm torn between the 23lb and the 32lb models. Anybody want to share an opinion.

I normally dive a steel 72 or Al 80. The future may hold a steel HP100 or HP120.
3mm, 1 piece wetsuit with a hooded vest when colder. I do occasionally dive a drysuit, very occasionally.
12 to 13 lbs weight on a belt.

Thanks for opinions and discussion. Have a good day.

Just like everyone else, I opted for the larger wing. I use it for all my single tank diving, whether quarry or tropics, it works fine.

A smaller wing might be slightly better in the tropics, but I don't notice any drag and I really like how well made the VDH wing is. (Plus, I don't really dive the tropics all that much anyway).

While I’m unable to comprehend this “one” wing concept, I guess the 35 would work for that. I have both the 35 and the 18 for your normal use the 18 should be all you need and it travels (I’m not sure I remember what “travel” means) so much better, very compact and mine actually has 23 lbs of lift in fresh water and my 35 is around 42lb. I don’t know about the new DGX but if you want something that will fit your dive rite harness dive rite XT will do the trick, I have one in 35lb which I don’t use because I like the VDH better.

I make my own harness but follow the trans pack style of “H” harness on my freedom plates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom